Chapter 24: A woman's voice

'I think it's time I actually might pass out.' You tell yourself trying not to seem suspicious to the people in front of you.

The two victims were your age and you knew them quite well, not for good reasons though.

"Hello there. Are you two Touya and Haruto?" Gojo asks the two boys.

"That's us. Are you guys doin the investigation?" Haruto asks, the taller of the two.

"Yup!" Yuji perks up.

"We hope to help you guys out so please answer our questions as best you can. Ok?" Gojo says

The two boys nod and lead you guys into the school.

You grab onto Satoru's sleeve, "you didn't say we were going into the school!" You whisper shout. He chuckles and ruffles your wig.

"That's what you get for taking away my mochi earlier." He whispers back condescendingly

You turn into stone hearing his words.

'Please kill me now.' You plead to no one in particular.

----

Finally stopping in the halls they look at the trophy case situated in one of the walls.

"We were here when it happened." Touya says.

You sweat even more remembering that one of your pictures were in there when you helped your class win first place in a race.

'Please don't see it. Please don't see it. Please don't see it.' You repeated in your head to your comrades.

"Aren't you guys high schoolers? Why were you in here?" Nobara asks with a raised eyebrow.

They were quiet for a second looking down at the floor.

"We were paying our respects..." Haruto says looking into the trophy case.

"We don't have any pictures of our classmates so we come here to "see them"" Touya continues as he says the last words in air quotes.

"Friends?" Megumi questions.

"No but I guess you can say we were close. They aren't with us anymore though." Haruto says.

"Can we have some names?" Nobara asks

"Yea. Kiyo Suzuki and Y/n L/n..." Haruto says sadly.

All of them freeze in their places and try their best not to look at you.

"Word came around that it was Y/n that actually killed Kiyo and is on the run but... we both know that's not true." Touya says placing his hands in his pockets, also leaning on the wall.

Your eyes widen at his words. 'Huh? Them of all people don't believe the rumours?'

"Yea. They were basically sisters there was no way in hell she could do it. Even if she fought someone she didn't like, like us, she would never go that far." Haruto says.

"Fought?" Yuji and Nobara ask with smug faces, ready to tease you later like they did Fushiguro.

"Yea. We aren't proud of it but we did pick on them quite a bit, more Kiyo than Y/n though. I think that's how the two of them met actually." Touya says with his pointer finger on his chin.

"It was right out of a convenient store when she saw us and Kiyo. I still remember the round house she did on me." Haruto says shivering.

Yuji and Nobara try not to laugh while Gojo snickers.

"Can you point them out on the picture." Megumi asks slowly taking out his phone.

You twist your neck in his direction. 'OH MY GOD NO! ANYTHING BUT THAT!'