Chapter 55: Do you trust me?

This book will have a new format starting now!

The curse that seemed formidable at the moment was rendered to a sorry state

The curse that seemed formidable at the moment was rendered to a sorry state. His losing streak against an opponent up by one as two nails pierce his body. Resonance coming in handy once again.

"Kugisaki?!" Both you and Itadori question in unison.

You snap yourself out of the surprise attack Nobara has landed on Mahito and spot an opening. You tug at Itadori with a grin on your face. He wipes some dirt from his face and chuckles quietly when he spots the opening as well.

In a state of pain and shock, Mahito's world was turned upside down. His moment of realization, that Nobara was another enemy to be reckoned with, was cut short.

Itadori and yourself take this chance to rain a series of punches on Mahito's beaten state. Almost like excited boxers that got a new punching bag. The curse's back was pushed onto the pillar behind him, leaving no room for him to escape.

'Kugisaki! Y/N!' Itadori's thoughts begin. You and him striking Mahito till the pillar behind him started cracking. 'Thank you!'

Blood shoots through Mahito's teeth as the brutal attacks continue. 'I couldn't save anyone. I wasted everyone's efforts. But... thank you for showing me I'm not alone.' Three more punches from both first-years land viciously. 'That's why, we're gonna kill you here and now!' Itadori's thoughts announce.

The fibers of your muscles screamed with vitality, the excitement in the adrenaline that pumps your veins on overdrive. The air vibrated with each movement as each blow cut through it smoothly. The new burns on your hands totally forgotten as you worked alongside Itadori to end Mahito.

It was your friend's turn to jab at him, but it reaches the pillar instead of the body.

'He split up!" Itadori informs.

"Which one do we need to destroy?!" you ask as you and Itadori look in all directions. The small lumps of flesh waddle away quickly, making you click your tongue.