Chapter 20: I was waiting

*YAWWWNN* Yuji shows his tiredness, waiting for the curse to show itself.

"Are you sure we're at the right bridge?" You ask with bags under your eyes. Rubbing them occasionally.

You were all sitting on a railing with tired and bored looks. You tried your hardest to feel out the space around you guys but as far as you can tell, there was no curse nearby.

"I'm sure this is the right bridge. I have been here before." Megumi reassures.

"Itadori, how bout I throw you off the bridge without a cord. I'll catch you at the bottom." You suggest barely awake.

"Huh?!" Itadori was stunned by your proposal.

"I'm kidding... sort of. You might emit enough curse energy for the curse to come out if you're panicked so.." you say dozing off, until Megumi catches your head from falling.

"I don't mind seeing that." Nobara says.

"HUH?!" Itadori repeats.

————

~AT A CONVENIENCE STORE~

"We couldn't feel a trace of the curse." Megumi states.

"For real? So you gonna start over?" Nitta asks.

"We can't waste to much time." Itadori says

"Why?" Nobara asks

"I'm pretty sure there are more people that are cursed because of that bridge. Plus this is a case with a 100% death rate. We can't have more lives slipping through our fingers." You say sipping on some juice that you bought.

"True" Nobara says

"They were into Bungee Jumping right? Maybe it's the act of jumping down right?" Nitta asks trying to bounce ideas.

"We've kinda already tried that with Itadori." You say leaning on Megumi again, since you were still tired.

"WHAT?! YOU MEAN WITH THAT PLASTIC CORD YOU GUYS BROUGHT?!" Nitta asks in pure shock.

"HEY! THERE YOU ARE!" a voice calls out to you all. "FUSHIGURO" the same voice yelled.

"Ah it's one of your juniors Megumi and it seems someone is with them too." you say

"Who?" Nobara questions squinting her eyes at the junior.

"You were literally picking on him earlier." Yuji says to his female counterpart.

"I'm glad I found ya! Weren't you talking about Yasohachi Bridge?!" The punk asked.

"Fujinuma?" Megumi questions now noticing the girl behind the boy.

"A classmate?" You ask him with a quirked up eyebrow. He nods slowly.

"This is my sister" the middle schooler explains while the said sister bows.

"I'm glad you still remember me. My brother was telling me about how he saw you yesterday." Fujinuma starts while avoiding eye contact with you for some reason. "Um... I saw that the Morishita family had a funeral ceremony. And my brother told me how you guys were investigating Morishita and the bridge so I assumed that it was more than a coincidence."

'No talk about curses.' Nitta shushes almost telepathically to your group.

"What do you mean?" You ask causing her to look at you before looking back to the ground. 'Why is she acting so weird around me.' You grew suspicious of her body language.

"I mean that there's a connection between the two." She answers.

"It's irrelevant that's-" Megumi gets cut of by her scary muttering.