Chapter 9: I should've been there

The students trained a couple more rounds with one another. Meanwhile Panda gave y/n some falling training. After their first round of spinning at a crazy speed, panda realized her ankles sending her flying towards Toge. Her reflexes kicking in, she twisted her spine, enough to not hurt herself, spun herself to where her feet met the ground, skidding a little in front of Toge.

"Is that how you do it?" The girl with drops of sweat making their way off her body asked

"Yea, just kind of surprised you got it first try."

"Bonito flakes" Inumaki agrees

"Gojo used to do a similar exercise with me when I first started training..."

The memories of your first training weeks ran fear throughout your body, causing you to shiver for a second.

You and the gang gather up again to take a break in the shade of a big tree of to the side of the field,  drinking water furiously due to the heat.

After the break you all decide it's probably best to call it a day due to everyone's skin melting from the merciless sun rays.

"I can't help but feel like I'm forgetting something. Gosh my head hurts trying to remember" you say as you tighten your grip on your scalp.

"Let me smack your head so you can remember" Maki says jokingly

"No you'd probably give me amnesia because of how hard you hit"

You couldn't help but smile and roll your eyes at her.

Maki just shrugged

"Actually why were you roaming around campus anyway y/n? I doubt you knew Kugisaki and I would run into the Kyoto students."

"Oh! That's what I was forgetting! I was going to pick up my new uniform!"

"You still have time to go and get it, I can walk you there" Megumi offers with a monotone voice and indifferent expression.

Though he just wanted to get closer to the (h/c)ette.

"Hey! I'm not letting you get some alone time with her! I'll go too" Nobara announces.

He just rolls his eyes and gets up from his place on the grass to lead you to the destination of your new uniform.

"I don't mind having you guys as company. I'd want to get to know you two better on the way. If that's ok?"

"Mhm you're one of us now, we should know a thing or two about our comrades" Nobara adds also getting up from the green grass.

————

As you guys are walking side to side you feel that this would be the best time to bring up something that's been weighing on you. Every step you took the more you thoughts made it clear that it was now or never. Maybe this will help you guys grow as a team, or it can break it.

Once you start talking it felt like bricks of anxiety flew out your mouth leaving nothing but determination to say what was on your mind.

"Yuji Itadori... he was a vessel like me right?"

No going back now

The sudden question halted both first years dead in their tracks while you took a couple steps forward not paying attention that they stopped. Once you didn't feel the heat from their bodies you turned around to see their reluctant faces to answer. You could tell it was kind of a touchy subject for them.

"Yea... he was, but his curse was more active than yours" Megumi answers finally collecting his thoughts.

"That mission... When he died, that was gonna be my first mission with the three of you."