Chapter 74: Weight of my fist

"I miss it

"I miss it."

"I know."

"Like a lot. Isn't that weird?"

Megumi shakes his head. "Not at all. Swords are your chosen weapon, it's only natural that you would miss having one."

He sits against a tree, holding you by the waist and pressing your back into his chest. Your arms are folded as you sulk without your prized possession that you have lost twice.

"I mean sure, Jupiter's daggers is cool as fuck, but it's not the same." Your body sags.

"We'll pick one out when all this mess is over." He closes his eyes and hugs you impossibly closer.

You wanted to ask what if this mess is never over, but the thought of Tsumiki crossed your mind. So instead you stayed silent. You didn't want to put out into the universe the chance of not being able to save her.

That would crush you beyond repair, and you knew it would be so much worse for Megumi.

A rustle of leaves alerts your space, sending your senses into a more sensitive state.

"Someone's coming this way." You whisper, urging you both to stand.

"It's okay it's just-"

"Oh, there you two are. Fushiguro. Y/n."

"Panda!" You grin, jogging to him before his bear arms lift you from the ground.

"You're heavy!" He lets you down.

"The weight of my fist is heavier." Your eyes turn threatening.

Panda gulps, putting his hands up in surrender. "Forgive me oh kind one."

"Panda. About Hakari... why have you been unable to meet him?" Megumi asks from behind you.

"Well I do know where he is. He's always in the monitoring room on the roof."

"Great! Are we doing this seat team style or...?" You ask.

"Not so fast. Even though I know he's there, I haven't been able to get close." Panda scratches his stomach.

"Can't get close?" Megumi's eyebrow raises.

"After I get to the roof and try to approach the room's door, the distance between myself and the door refuses to change. No matter if I walk or run, it just doesn't work. It feels similar to Satoru's technique."

"It's probably due to Kirara's cursed technique, but I don't know."

"Kirara?" You mutter.

"Kirara...? The other third year student is a man, right?" Megumi asks.

"Yes, a man." Panda confirms.

Even though you have lived in Jujutsu tech far longer than most, you feel strange that you weren't made aware of who attended the school. It was like you were a mouse living in the walls and the thought of that felt shameful.