Chapter 56: So that's what she meant

Gaining a new power is usually like some sort of blessing

Gaining a new power is usually like some sort of blessing. The universe bestowing its knight on earth with new advantages. It was its way of showing the love and care it held for you.

But its decisions can sometimes not be in your favor.

Jupiter's daggers: weapons that emulate the harsh conditions on the planet Jupiter when it attacks someone or something. Sending all five senses into a whirlwind of crazy vortexes/winds and hurricanes.

The tears in your eyes mourned for the loss of not only your friends but also for the pieces of your power.

You felt like the universe was punishing you for using them so recklessly, specifically starlight and blackhole. Or maybe you were being punished on behalf of Deidamia.

You didn't know, it worked in mysterious ways.

"Remember this Y/n, the universe is very generous when it comes to you and I, but everything will always come back to it." You remember Kiyo tell you.

'So that's what she meant. This is seriously all twisted.' You thought.

The daggers were a great asset to for a moment, but it tremendous power came at a cost. Not to mention the burns on your hands were starting to get to you.

The sparks of black do not choose who to bless.

You were slumped against a cracked wall, your blood splattered everywhere around you, somehow the backpack with its contents that Deidamia stole still on your back.

One second you rendered Mahito to a pitiful mess, crawling below your feet and the next he was all healed up.

He struck you with a black flash with Itadori behind you. This went on a couple more times.

Both yours and Itadori's depressed states was the cause of your negligence. Leaving you two bloody and beaten.

The impact of Mahito's force must've been so severe because you felt a long slit across your whole face. From the bottom of your jaw on the left side of your face to your right temple.

'You're pathetic.' You thought, talking about yourself. 'But you're even more pathetic if you don't stand up.'

Mahito was too busy beating up Itadori in the other side of the hallway to notice you were conscious.

You chuckled softly to yourself as the blood from your scalp dripped down to your face, not to mention the blood from your cut dripping down as well. "Get up." You pleaded, punching your legs to wake them up.

"You are me, Yuji Itadori!! I kill without a second thought just like you save people without a second thought!!" You hear Mahito scream to your friend.