Chapter 52: What is this?

11:05 P.M
DONGENZAKA, IN FRONT OF SHIBUYA 109

Your body lands roughly on the floor, your blood splattered throughout the concrete under you. With each passing second your skin got paler and your eyes started to sink into their sockets. Halloween's theme of horror seemed to be a bit too realistic this evening.

However,

Tread carefully, for there is a massacre brewing. Tread carefully, because the threat does not yet know what her body is capable of. Tread carefully, because her curse has a partner-in-crime.

Tread carefully.

Be alert.

And please stay away.

Megumi's arms wrap around your worn out body that can be compared to a beaten up ragdoll. His own wounds stinging with every movement. He does his best to move your body without harming you further.

Shigemo, the blonde boy you kicked before falling unconscious, rose to his feet. The impact of your foot would leave a gnarly bruise.

If you were at full strength you could've done more than that.

A shame.

"The Ten Shadows Technique begins when a sorcerer receives two divine dogs." Megumi starts, struggling to haul your body with him. "In order to use other shikigami, the sorcerer and divine dogs must work together to exorcise them. Then the sorcerer gains more shikigami, which they can utilize to exorcise and amass up to ten shikigami."

Your blood stains his uniform, his doing the same to yours.

Drip

Drip

Drip

A trail of yours and Megumi's combined blood resembled a long dark crimson snake, slithering away from Shigemo. A display of prey vs predator that will only turn around.

For Megumi wasn't running.

He was getting in position.

"Are you done yet?" Shigemo asks, his bizarre sword rested on his shoulder. "That girl from before was pretty strong too. And all of you are still so young." He says, referring to his fight with Nobara.

"Even though he's on his last legs, he isn't giving me an opening to get close. But with all that bleeding and the extra weight of that girl, I probably won't even need to- see?"

Megumi tumbles forward, holding you securely so you won't be harmed more than you already are. He wiped your face that had splatters of blood, your fever still at an all-time high.

He crawls a little bit further, the last bits of his arm strength dragging your body.

"Yeesh." Shigemo grimaces at the sight.

"The thing is... you can exorcise a shikigami with multiple people. But doing so nullifies the technique's effects after the exorcism is done." Megumi continues his explanation for his power. He turns around, having enough willpower to kneel in position. Your head rested on his chest while he held your shoulders.

"For the sorcerer, it's a pointless exorcism. But even a pointless exorcism has it's uses."

————

~FLASHBACK~

"Do you know why the Gojo and Zen'in families are on bad terms?" Gojo asks.