~Special Chapter 13~

"This scarf is making my eyes itch

"This scarf is making my eyes itch."

"Endure it."

"You're such a bully." You huff out a laugh, squeezing Megumi's hands as he leads you somewhere unknown.

"We're almost there, please just deal with it a little longer." His voice was as dry as ever, but calmed you nonetheless. He had a way of putting you at ease even in situations such as this, where trust is tested.

He had to have been walking backwards to steady your own steps, making sure to never let go.

"Where are we going?" You ask, excited.

"You already asked that five minutes ago and the answer is the same." He replies.

"Please! I wanna know!" Your giddiness makes Megumi crack a small smile.

"That'll ruin the surprise." He murmurs before coming to a halt, gently stopping you with his hands on your shoulders.

You could hear the mass amount of people around you and your skin buzzed with the space around you. You gulped down your excitement, smelling an odd but curious scent of salt.

Megumi's hands slip away from your shoulders, making them feel cold compared to his warmth. The space allows you to feel him shuffle behind you.

"I'm going to take the blindfold off now." You wouldn't have heard him if he wasn't so close to your ear, making your skin prickle with goosebumps.

"Okay." You smile.

The covering on your eyes begin to loosen, falling away from your face and lightly grazing your skin. Your eyelashes flutter, the sun's rays gleaming in your vision first.

You had the blink a couple times to focus on what was in front of you.

"Aquarium...? Aquarium!?" You turn towards Megumi with one of your widest smiles. You had been talking about places you've never been to, just meaningless babble. But for Megumi it was something to remember.

He peers over your delighted features, a small contented grin growing on his face. He nods, tangling your fingers with his.

It was rare for many to see joy in his face but only for you was it constant and unwavering. How did you both end up so lucky was a question you've mulled over for many nights when the moon would cascade over his features while he slept next to you.

You've wondered if even a lifetime of nights like those would be enough.

"Let's go." He didn't have to tug for you to follow his lead, an excited jump to your step.

As a couple, the blue rays of water cascaded over your wonder filled gazes as you explored different aquatic exhibits. Your cheeks were starting to hurt by how much you've said "wow," during the visit.

Megumi was enjoying your reactions, observing you more than the exotic marine life.

You hugged his arm as you watched sting rays swim effortlessly back and forth. "You know, with what we have to deal with as jujutsu sorcerers, I forget about things like this." You whisper to him.