River

I skated onto the ice, I looked around at the people who continued to imitate my actions

I felt like a pop star, having people copy my actions.

I skated to the face-off ready to play Charlie's 'NBA'  strategy. River would have loved this play, it just seems like something she would do. The puck was thrown down and the face-off began, Adam got the face-off, he passed it off to me and I began to skate to take it down the ice before passing it off to Dwayne.

This is it...here's the move.

"Now, cowboy!"I yell.

Dwayne swings his stick back,

"Alley-oop, lads" He yells before smashing the puck up into the air.

Adam gets it before smashing it into the goal.

Oh shit...it actually worked.

He all started to scream in excitement, we were one step closer to winning this.

We all skate over to congratulate Charlie for his amazing play but before I skated over someone hrabs my attention, they were banging quite loudly on the barriers.

I turned around to see...River

My mouth dropped I began to skate over as fast as I can, so fast that I crash straight into the barrier.

Luckily for my dignity, I was able to stay up.

"What are you doing here!"I yell.

"Seeing my bestie of course!"She yells back.

I was shocked, I didn't think I'd missed her this much.

The whistle blew.

"I have to get back but I'll see you after okay!"I yell

"Go get them, tiger"

I skated over to the face-off still in shock.

"Who was that?"Dean asked.

"River" I replied.

"Hmm just as hot as you described"

I punched him in the shoulder.

"Shut the fuck up and play, idiot," I say

The whistle blew and the puck was dropped, an Iceland player had the puck and was taking it down to their goal.

I caught up to a different Icelandpayer and bodychecked him into the boards.

The whistle blew,

"Brondayle,3 minutes in the penalty for body checking," The refs say.

"But-"

"No buts get in the box"

I skated over to the box with my shoulders hunched. I looked up at the clock, we were one goal down with 2:45 seconds to go.

Fuck,
Well, guess I'm spending the remainder of the game in the penalty.
The penalty box is like a second home to me.

By the time I got in the penalty box and got settled, Dean had taken the puck from team Iceland and passed it off to Luis who was speeding down the ice.

As he got closer and closer to the goal I began to say over and over in my head 'please be able to a stop'

A sheet of ice just sprayed the goalie,
He did it.
He bloody stopped.
I think we were all just as excited as he was.

Luis hit the puck into the goal while the ice-covered goalie looked around dumbfounded.

During this time the time drowned down to 10 seconds.

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

The buzzer sounded.

It was a draw...

Guess we're going into a shootout.