USA WINS!

I wasn't allowed to leave the penalty box as I still had a minute and a bit left of my penalty to serve out

I wasn't allowed to leave the penalty box as I still had a minute and a bit left of my penalty to serve out. This meant I couldn't compete in the shootout. I mean not that I would anyway, I can't score to save my life. I mean if you gave me 50 pucks I might be able to get 20 in but that's about it.

Jesse skated out to the empty rink, the Iceland goalie skated out into our goal and took the position. The ref dropped the puck and Jesse began to take it down the ice, five meters before the goal he swung his stick back and wacked it.

It traveled and...
The siren sounded around the stadium.
The stadium was filled with screams of excitement as well as boos from Iceland supporters. We were off to a good start.

The first Iceland player skated out, it was my bestie. I started to bang on the barrier to get his attention, he looked at me before turning away in embarrassment.

The ref skated over to me,

"Shut up Brondayle or I'm sending you off, "The ref said.

I shuted up.

Much to my sadness, he got it, well at least some of his dignity was restored.

Guy was the next one sent out, he took the puck and...scored!

The next Iceland player missed which opened up the spot for the ducks to win.

Dwayne was the next sent out, he began to do his little trick things, this isn't going to end well .I could just feel it.

He shoots...and misses.

Dang, it!

The next Iceland player was sent out,

Please miss

Please miss

Please miss

And he scores.

Well fuck.

The shootout was back to being tied.

Fulton was the next teammate sent out, although he statistically only gets one in every five shots I felt as if he was going to get this one.

Well, I hope he does at least, if he misses this we may just lose the chance to win.

He swings his stick back and smashes it into the goal.
The siren sounds!

I began to yell and smash the barrier.
Fulton skated past and smashes the barrier back.

I sat back in my seat before the ref told me off again.

The next Iceland player was sent out and he scores.

It continues to be tied.

Banksie is sent out, he's our best player and statistically, he would be able to get this in, but his wrist was still injured.

Banks skated out and begins to take the puck down the ice.
Time seemed to be slowing down.
He swings his stick back and...scores!

"Yeah, Adam!"I yell at the top of my lungs.

He looks over and smiles at me.
All that needed to happen now was for Goldberg to stop this next goal and he has won it.

But Goldberg was skating off the ice?
I watched in confusion as I followed Goldberg with my eyes as he skated onto the bench.

Oh shit,
No fucking way.

I began to whack the barrier again as I see none other than Julie fucking Gaffney skate out onto the ice. She was finally getting her time to shine. She smiled at me before taking her position between the posts of the net.

The ref glared at me so I quickly sat back down before he kicked me out.

I had no doubt that Julie was going to get this, she's one of the best goalies I have ever seen.

Gunner Stahl skated out onto the ice.

This was it.

He took the puck and skated it down the ice, he got closer and closer. I thought the time had gone slow with Adam but this was slower.

He skated...

And skated...

And skated for what felt like forever.

Finally, he swung his stick back and shot the puck, it shot through the air.

I stood up in ...

Did Julie get it?

Did Gunner score?

The stadium fell silent.

That's when she did the most badass thing ever.

She dropped the puck and skated off as if nothing happened.

We won.

We fucking won.

I slammed open the door and skated out to Julie giving her the biggest hug I had ever given.

We did it.