Bambi

3rd person POV

3rd person POV

Hall was joined by his teammates behind the Team U.S.A. net in the third period.
They start back out and they form a "V';
I've heard of this before but I've never
seen it. It's the Flying "V'" led by Jesse Hall.
Hall up to center ice. Hall with
it toward the Germany blue line.
Hall
Shot by Averman. He scores.!

Elyse's POV

I start cheering at the top of my lungs, who would have thought that just a couple of weeks prior I was at school. I was experiencing things I had never thought I would ever see.

The game had 3 minutes left and we were up by 5 points.

-

The game had ended shortly after and we were thrilled, not only were we going to the finals but we had our old coach back.

After quickly getting changed back into our clothes we meet the coach outside for what looks like a rather weird demonstration.

"Come on team huddle up" Coach called us over.

I front of him was a barrel and a cardboard cut out of...

himself.

"Who's that asshole?"I smuggly ask.

Coach chuckles.

"I've had a lot of big distractions since I've been here in L.A." Coach begins.

He points to the cardboard cut out of himself.

"This is a distraction."

"Nice haircut, Coach," Goldberg said

"Looks familiar. I know that guy."

While we were all laughing coach grabbed a match and lit the inside of the barrel on fire.

"This is a fire in a barrel."

"This is a distraction in a fire in a barrel. Any questions?"

We all cheered.

"Good job, Coach.All right!Wooo!"We all cheered.

"Now I need you all back here at 4 o'clock so we can begin studying our opponent's moves, "Coach said.

"Can do coach!"We all said.

"Okay I'll see you all soon, go get some lunch and rest up for a while, you all played amazing"

-

Half the team decided to go back to the dorms and rest up while the other half (including me) decided to go find some lunch somewhere around town.

We had been looking around for about ten minutes when we bumped into the last people we wanted to see.

"Well, we'll well if it isn't team USA, "A strong accent behind us said.

We all turned around to see half the Iceland team.

"Ughhh, we are just trying to enjoy our time here please just leave us alone" I groan.

"Oh, and what are you going to do you little helpless deer?...actually that suits quite well, from now on you will be known as Bambi, "A tall Iceland player said.

The Iceland players all chuckle.

"And your new nickname will be fuckwit" I snap at him.

"Oh, no little Bambi is going to attack me what shall I do?"He says sarcastically.

I could feel Charlie (who was behind me) start to become tense.

"Honestly if I was you I would run, "Charlie said.

He honestly needed to stop trying to protect me I could protect myself.

"Oh now look bambis savior is here to save her!"Another Iceland player said sarcastically.

"Trust me when I say Aussie doesn't need any savior, "Adam says.

"We'll see about that"

"Touch her and you will be six feet under," Charlie says angrily.

Anger was starting to build up inside of me, but I just couldn't get any words out of my mouth.
They chuckled again.

"We'll see you on the ice losers," They say before walking off.

-

I stormed off into an alleyway a little further ahead and sat down on the rather disgusting ground.

I just let the tears run.

"Hey hey Aussie it's okay don't cry it's okay"
I felt Charlie come and sit next to me.

He began to rub my shoulders as I continued to cry.

"Don't let them get the best of you" He says.

I look at him for a second.

"Charlie you just don't understand do you, all my life I've been known as the weaker link of the team, I've been told over and over again that I 'play like a girl' and how I could never be as good as the boys in my team. I try so hard to prove them wrong and stand up for myself, I don't need you to stand up for me" I say between tears.

"I was just trying to help"

"Well, I don't need your help okay! Your not my boyfriend so there is no reason for you to stand up for me!"I say.

Charlie stood up and walked off.

And with that, I think I just broke the best thing to ever happen to me.