Chapter 28 - Surprise

"Sayuuri, another one?"

I look at Izumi in my mind and realize that she holds up the mixing cup with the martinis. She looks at me questioningly and I just nod my head. She practically dragged me out of my room so that I don't hide all the time. She risks a stealthy look at Yuudai on the other side of the pool and I buckle a grin. She may not want to admit it, but she spends less and less time with other male beach residents. She really likes him, which makes me really happy for her.

Kuina turns to us and calmly turns the straw in her mouth. I put a glass on her and she nods thankfully to me.

"Will you ever tell me what you're studying?"

"You can guess," I reply provocatively, looking at them challengingly. She seems to be thinking, but by her facial expression I can see that she doesn't really seem to think about it and is advising on good luck.

"BWL"

I notice Kuina's checking gaze on me, but I just shake my head. Izumi seems to be getting more curious about each of her questions. From Kuina's gaze, I can see that she seems to be doing the same.

"Psychology"

"Again wrong," I smile it off and let my gaze glide over the plant unnoticed. Aguni shows up by the pool for the first time in days, but something seems to depress him. He just looks at the women in the pool walking by and seems to be more immersed in thought. He's not the kind of person who seems to think a lot. Something has to be behind it.

"Policewoman?"

"Do I look like a policewoman to you?" I just reply to her. Kuina and Izumi start laughing, but a male voice keeps me from doing so.

"Sayuuri?"

I look to the black-haired man with the piercings and my laughter fades away. Niragi.

"Come along, we need you in the conference room"

Me? Confused, I look at the man with the gun. But his gaze tells me that he is serious. What do i want the leadership in broad daylight?

I nod only slightly and climb over the Barr, feeling the attentive glances of Izumi and Kuina. Niragi hits the direction of the conference hall and I follow him wordlessly. He opens the heavy double doors and my gaze glides to the hatmaker. E r wears his black bathrobe and runs directly to the wall opposite him. Ann looks at me warningly, but curiously, and I look on to the others. Niragis and Mira's gaze is similar to That of Ann. Chishiya just looks at me waiting, but when I look at the person in the middle, I realize why I'm here.

"This woman claims that she knows you," Aguni clarifies me and my breath holds for a moment. I suddenly realize that my past will no longer remain secret.