Chapter 85

"Wake up!" someone hums happily across the room and after a while the sun is beaming straight into my face, probably because the curtains have been pushed aside. It's definitely way too early for me, so I just pull my covers over my head to go back to sleep. I find it fairly easy to block out my voice and fall back into a deep sleep before the covers are ripped away from me. He really seems to want to provoke it, but I'm more persistent! "Could you help me?"

"Why, you want something from her," I hear a male voice say this time. What are these people doing in my room at this hour?

"If anyone knows how to wake her up it's you. Why else did I take you with me?"

I hear no answer, just footsteps approaching. Humming, I roll over again and press my face into the pillow to block out the sun's rays. But apparently my wish to sleep is being ignored because I feel someone leaning on the bed next to me. When I feel the soft whisper and a touch on my neck, I start and kick wildly before I see Kuina's amused smile. I look at the man next to me, who only gives a slightly cheeky grin.

"And why is the dream team waking me up?" I ask dryly, lying back comfortably on my pillow while pulling Chishiyas next to me with my left hand.

"Hen party," Kuina shouts happily, and I just wince at her tone. Incidentally, Chishiya squeezes my hand lightly and sits up in the seat next to me. I have to grin slightly even though I'm totally sleepy. Chishiya doesn't show any emotion in front of anyone, returning my handshake in front of Kuina makes my heart beat twice as fast. Hard shell, soft core hardly applies to him, but I have a feeling he relaxes a bit around me and his features are less snooty.

"Impossible, they only got engaged last night or today," I understand the words after a while and snuggle back into my pillow.

"We're in Borderland, how long are they going to stay engaged?" Kuina laughs lightly and I bring myself to sit up. She's right, why should Yuudai and Izumi wait when they should die every game. However, in this case I have to think of love. They both probably have rose-colored glasses on and don't think about the fact that one of them could die every night. They probably hide what's happening, like the wildly partying people in the pool area.

"Okay, give me eight minutes," I throw in and she just nods and twists the straw in her mouth. Kuina looks back and forth between Chishiya and me for a moment before exiting the room, grinning. I struggle out of my bed and walk to the closet in the hotel room.

"The whole thing is...", he begins with an amused undertone, but I interrupt him immediately.

"Chishiya," I chuckle lightly and walk towards him again before dropping my top from yesterday's game on the floor and walking to the bathroom, "Don't say anything negative about the two of them, I'm pretty impressionable this early in the morning and I I don't want to put them in a bad mood. You're not at the wedding, are you?"

"No," he says dryly. It's understandable. Chishiya doesn't think much of this wedding, which is why he doesn't pay any attention to it. I get it, but because this is about my friends, I'm acting more emotionally than logically.

"Then I can't even say that only the bride wears white," I playfully pout. It's almost ridiculous to say, but I'm just too tired. But instead of furrowing his eyebrows, he laughs lightly.

"Are you serious?"

"Seriously," I laugh, trying not to laugh out loud. He's still giving me that are-you-serious look, but I just got up so he's not going to ask anything big of me.

"I think the stripper is already waiting," he says dryly and I secretly grin. I close the bathroom door behind me to change.

"That's why Kuina was so fired up," I remark loud enough for him to hear. He leaves a comment because he knows my guess is based on the truth. "And what are you doing today?"