Chapter 40 - Teamwork

I put on my heavy eyesongs and as my gaze glides on the clock on my bedside table, I am terrified. The hatmaker's speech has just begun, damnit. I jump up and throw my clothes messily on my bed before i cover my black, short Nike sports pants and white shirt. I put a hair rubber around my wrist and take my black rubber ball with me.

Arriving at the entrance, I mix among the crowd and stand inconspicuously next to Kuina and slightly offset behind Chishiya under the gallery. I drive through my hair to calm down and not to look like I'm half-sleep. I smile quickly at Kuina, who grins at me with her straw in her mouth and winks at me as a welcome. She wears her blue bikini and jeans over it.

Chishiya turns his head to me only slightly to the back, but his gaze is fixed forward to the entrance. He is not wearing his white vest as usual, but a black hoodie.

"We are playing together again today"

"I say it's going to be a cross game," I whisper, bending a bit so that only he can see it. I hear him screaming with a grin and he turns his blouse away from the entrance. He turns his head a little backwards, that our faces are very close.

"Exactly the same thought came to me"

I laugh slightly and lean back with a grin. The hatmaker finishes his motivational speech, which is no wonder, since I only came to the end. Most of them move and Kuina pushes me to say goodbye. I walk slowly next to Chishiya and look around a little bit. Aguni stands by the hatmaker's side and doesn't move, which means they won't play today. Niragi and the guy with the sword are already sitting in a black jeep and driving off, which means we don't play in the same group.

Chishiya drives one of the vehicles and leans in as we are the first. To the left of the entrance to the hotel I recognize Izumi and Yuudai talking to each other and she looks worried.

"Did she tell you?" my Chishiya, as I lean ed i-by-to-drive the car next to him.

"No, but she thought there was someone at the moment. And since she hasn't dredged the new chef yet, it must have become more serious between the two."

"He's playing with us today, along with two others"

"That means I can make myself comfortable again in the middle of the back seat," I notice and he confirms it with a grinning nod. My gaze falls again on Yuudai, who apparently tries to calm my girlfriend.

"They really think that nobody knows," he slightly covers his face, and I nod only slightly in agreement.

"But I find them kind of sweet together," I reply, and when Yuudai comes up to us, I get into the car. Yuudai sits in the driver's seat and in the rear-view mirror I can see that he seems nervous. I decide to take care of him a little bit in the game, at least as best I can. After all, we've had a tough game together and I feel like I've got to do it for Izumi as well.

We park in front of the entrance of a sports stadium and get off. Above the entrance hangs a huge white billboard indicating that it is going to the game entrance. I make myself comfortable again on the bonnet, while the two strangers go to beach members. Chishiya leans next to me at the car and Yuudai seems to understand that he is next. I'm starting to bounce my ball to the ground so as not to get restless.

"Do you want to go next Chishiya?"

"If you don't mind"

I just shake my head and keep playing with my rubber ball. He dupes on the floor and before I can catch him again, the man next to me reaches out his hand at lightning speed and catches him. He laughs slightly, which is why I slap him on the shoulder for fun. He keeps the ball with him for a moment and then looks at the stadium again with a serious face.