Chapter 75 - Question Time and Girlsnight

Slept in, I open my eyes and take exactly two more minutes to wake up before getting out of my bed and heading for the bathroom. After kitchen duty yesterday, I was tired and hungry, so I decided to eat a Caesar salad first and then go to my room to lie down. In the process, I was knackered and too lazy to even take a shower which is why I still stink of onions now.

So I throw my clothes on the floor and jump in the shower to wash off the smell and get rid of it. I turn off the water, wrap a towel around my body and brush my teeth. I feel awake at the moment, but actually this time of day is still pretty early for me, for being so beat yesterday. I'll probably doze off again briefly around afternoon, but until then I need to keep myself busy in some productive way. Maybe I'll go to the pool and spend some time with Izumi, or play a few rounds of foosball with Yuudai.

I leave the bathroom, startling slightly when I spot two figures on my chair and couch. They don't seem to have noticed me yet, and despite the fact that I'm only dressed in a towel, I stop in the doorway and cross my arms.

"Knocking doesn't seem to be anyone's strong point here at the Beach," I remark dryly, but when Kuina and Chishiya look at me I grin. I get moving and run to my closet to grab some fresh clothes to put on.

"Right," Kuina laughs and stands up. I disappear back into the bathroom to put on my loose pants and Chishiya's black shirt. She stands against the wall in front of the door and I can almost see her twirling the straw in her mouth through the wall. "I was actually just going to ask you if we were going to have another girls' night at the pool today. Tomorrow we're all playing and I thought it would be a nice idea. Ann and Izumi are coming too"

"Sure I'm in" I say still tying my shirt on my stomach before coming back into the main room.

"Alright, I'll pick you up around six" she says happily, pinching my cheek with a laugh before leaving. I pinch my eye shut and rub my slightly throbbing cheek for a moment, then sit down in the chair next to Chishiya.

"What about you?", I grin at him, noticing that he looks a little tired for this time of night. Still, he puts on his grin and raises his eyebrows a little.

"I was wondering if you wanted to do something".

"Sure, chess or cards?", I ask as usual and he narrows his eyes for a small moment. Then he nods thoughtfully and grins a little again.

"You must be getting a little bored of games by now".

"No it's not that, at least not with you and Kuina" I consider my next formulation, "Only I'd like to go on a supply run with you again sometime. It's been a long time since the last one"

At the words, I lie down across the chair with my head towards Chishiya.

"Well" he says and I tilt my head a little to look towards him "There are three supply tours in the near future. To the supermarket nearby, to the mall, and to the prison. I would recommend you, according to your wish, to sign up for the second one."

That means he will be on the tour at the mall. It sounds like a good idea, a mall is big and we can just slip away two at a time. Not like the time before last at the supermarket by the shelves when Katsu asked me to help him with the Coke cases.

"Well if that's the way it is," I laugh.

"So if you don't want to play chess or cards, what then? Monopoly?"

"Are you kidding? With your skill you get the best roads and take the shirt off my back"

"I said Monopoly, not strip poker," he remarks dryly, but a slight, cheeky grin forms on his lips. So easily he twists the words around in my mouth.