Chapter 81

Well rested, I slowly open my eyes and pull back the covers a little. The unsettling and oppressive feeling from yesterday has vanished into thin air and it relaxes me immensely. I turn to my side and snuggle into the blanket a bit as I notice Chishiya's sleeping face. I watch his features, already gentle for him, for a moment and a smile automatically creeps onto my face. Sometimes I imagine he looks at me with a softer gaze than the rest of the members, but I just love watching him sleep. No scrutinizing look, no ulterior motives or plans haunting his mind. I can't help it and place a kiss on his cheek but so lightly that he doesn't wake up. I carefully climb out of bed and open one of the windows. The smell of fresh rain rises to my nose and I lean my head against the cold glass window for a moment. The cold air in the morning makes me shiver a little, but it's just the thing to wake me up.

Even though Chishiya just shrugs off the heart eight game from yesterday, I can't quite get my mind off of it. Even if I asked him, he won't tell me anything more specific. But that's fine as long as he can handle it himself. I don't think the deaths of others have taken a toll on him, but maybe a game like this involves his own psychological stress. I don't want to push him or bug him, if he would even let me. I rather understand him, I mean he is not as emotional or sensitive as I am, quite the opposite. But even after my 10 game, I still haven't shared all the details. And in my estimation and guess, a heart game is clearly worse and more brutal. I in my case tell him everything when I am ready or feel it necessary to talk to someone. And nothing else I ask or expect from him.

I turn my attention to the bathroom door and the thought of a warm shower in this weather is too tempting. I walk into the bathroom and lock the door behind me before placing my clothes on the sink rack and jumping in the shower. The warm water relaxes my muscles before I turn the shower faucet colder and colder to wake up. Shivering slightly but satisfied, I step out of the cubicle and wrap one of the black towels around my body before putting my shorts and black sweater back on and pulling my wet hair out from underneath.

Rested and wide awake, I walk back into the main room, feeling two pairs of eyes on me. He doesn't seem to have been awake long, maybe two three minutes.

"Don't worry, once I'm in my room and changed into something else, you'll get your sweater back," I grin wryly at Chishiya, who is still lying comfortably in bed.

"That's okay, didn't think I'd ever get the hoodie back anyway," he grins cheekily and I just roll my eyes. My gaze slides to the clock and I stretch a little before dropping belly-first onto the comforter next to him.

"Supply run's in half an hour," I grumble into the blanket, pressing my face into the mattress. I volunteered for it, but I didn't expect to be so lazy today.

"Look on the bright side," he says dryly, still looking at me with a grin and raised eyebrows, "We're both on duty at the mall."

"What do you think I signed up for" I look at him in mock horror, "I just hope we get assigned to the same aisles"

"What do you think I'm in the leadership rule for" I hear him laugh slightly and I just shake my head with a hidden grin. I stretch lengthwise once more to let my back and joints crack before I let out a relaxed sigh and stand up.

"Well then, I'll see you in a bit," I grin to myself and wink playfully at him before closing the room door behind me and walking into my hotel room. I strip off the black sweater and lay it neatly folded on one of the armchairs, not wanting to forget to return it tonight. Then I put on my cheerleading uniform instead of my usual play clothes. Unconventional, but practically to my taste. I tuck my knife behind my back and hide the rubber ball between my usual clothes in the closet, I guess when Chishiya is with me and we are just doing a supply run I don't need anything to steady my hands or my nerves. I just slip a scrunchie over my wrist and then walk leisurely to the entrance area where most have gathered.