Chapter 92

As I climb the stone steps of the main entrance at the Beach, I feel slightly out of sorts. We won the game and my nightmares did not win, but still my attention seems to have its limits. My arm, which I have placed protectively over myself and the other woman, burns slightly as some small shards of glass have drilled into it. But it's nothing I haven't had to deal with before. Speaking of the woman, when Niragi saw me protectively put my arm around her, he decided to take her back to the hotel. I don't know if I should think it's good or bad, but maybe the hotel will teach her not to be so open with other participants. I don't know exactly how many games she has passed, my guess is that she is fresh to Borderland.

Even though I was slightly protective of her at the end of the game, I don't spend another thought on her that night and head straight for my hotel room. Already on the stairs upstairs my eyes fall shut and I still make it to my hotel room, then I just drop onto my bed and fall asleep instantly.

A loud knocking noise penetrates annoyingly to me through, however, ignore it determined and hide me easily under the bedspread. At any rate, I try to do so until the blanket is rudely torn away and a cold breeze passes over my legs. Involuntarily, I wince and startle, but as soon as I open my eyes, the daylight shining in blinds me, so that I look around the room with narrowed eyes. And I don't like what I see.

Two black eyes sparkle menacingly in the play of light and shadow in this room and fixate on my every move, which is why my rising adrenaline level ensures that I am suddenly awake. Reacting, I pull my legs up and crawl to the head of the bed. Despite the slightly annoyed expression on his face, his posture seems relatively relaxed and at first I can't see a firearm. But I don't think anyone can blame me for retreating when, upon waking up, Niragi is suddenly standing in front of the bed with his arms crossed.

I instinctively look down at myself and am happy to still be wearing the clothes from yesterday's game. Surprised, however, my gaze slides to my left arm, to which a white, thin bandage is attached. I went straight to bed yesterday, not having doctored my arm. Ann or Chishiya must have still been here, and by the fact that I didn't wake up, I'm guessing more the latter.

"Does the princess need another invitation to get up and finally get ready?" he grits his teeth slightly and I relax slightly.

"I didn't know you needed my company so badly after yesterday," I murmur, rubbing the back of my hand over my tired eyes briefly before squinting lightly at his right cheekbone. I'd rather be careful with my words so as not to provoke him. I hear a female voice outside the door of the room say something loudly and Niragi visibly groans in annoyance. His hand clenches into a fist for a moment before he looks to me, eyes twisting, and catches himself again. I, however, just look at him with furrowed brows and inwardly wonder who else is waiting outside the door.

"No, you stay outside!" the man with the metal piercings shouts in the direction of the door and then turns to me, "And you Sayuuri change your clothes now and show this chatterbox around. Just because we absolutely had to take her along, she's already been on my ass for at least thirty minutes thanks to the suggestion of the leadership rule. And if you think that's not much, then get ready for the next half hour of pure hell. Because if you don't take her over, I'm going to put her on the roof and shoot her so she'll fall right down the edge of the roof into the dumpster and not give me any more trouble."

"Easy, calm down sunshine. I'll take the introductory meeting," I say, climbing out of bed. I expect him to politely walk out so I can change, but he makes no move to leave this room which is why I pause and look at him promptly.

"Forget it, I'm not volunteering to stand in a hallway with her. Even if you were a guy, I'd rather watch you change than have to spend another minute with her," he defends himself adamantly, "In your case, at least I'd have a good show."