Chapter 36 - Good morning

Tired, I put my eyes on and pull up the ceiling. The time indicates that it is only eleven o'clock in the morning, but judging by the light from the window it could be even earlier. Thunderstorm clouds have formed in the sky and I am getting colder at the moment. I turn to the side with a sigh and slightly frighten when I recognize the white-blond hair. Chishiya is still asleep and his eyes are closed calmly. He looks so peaceful, his gentle facial features and regular breaths.

But when I feel my cheeks start to glow slightly, I turn my gaze and turn around. Was Norikita really right? He apparently fell asleep next to me last night and it's a strange feeling. On the one hand my eyes burn from crying and I can hardly keep them open, on the other hand the fact that he is lying here next to me relaxes immensely.

That night I had no nightmares for the first time. Not from the man who pushed me onto the forest floor while he was smashing a message with his knife. Not from the woman with the mask I shot. I shrug for a moment as his arm slightly lays around me and my wounded side, but I don't soften back for a moment. It just feels right and I close my eyes to let the last night revue-pass. I get upset about myself crying before him. I didn't really want to look weak after the spade 10 game. I could put my head in my pillow and scream. Maybe I shouldn't have just hugged Chishiya. I mean he doesn't talk to a lot of people and I can imagine that he doesn't suddenly want to be embraced by a girl like that. He probably only pressed me out of decency or pity, after all, at first he stood motionless as if he didn't know what to do.

And then that one question turned around in my head yesterday: Did I really look at him like Light?

I gather all my courage and turn back to him. His eyes flutter a little, which means he will wake up at any moment. Immediately he will be the cold man again with the high-nose grin I know. But at this moment he seems sincere and almost ... vulnerable.

He pinches his eye songs together for a moment and my first reaction is that I close my eyes and pretend to sleep. It's so ridiculous, no idea why I'm doing it.

"Morning," he says dryly, and I open my eyes. He doesn't quite look at himself yet and rides over his eyes with one hand. Immediately he takes his arm from me, but as sleepy as he looks, he didn't even notice that he had put it around me.

"Morning," I say simply, and i'm a little bit stretched out.

"Your bed is uncomfortable, that almost borders on torture. Next time we sleep in my room"

"Next time?" I laugh slightly and suddenly he opens his eyes. His whole body stretches and for the first time I experience him speechless. His reaction makes me laugh even more and finally he relaxes again, which is why I come to a conclusion. He can quietly ignore me again for a while, if that's his way. It was worth waking up next to him. I hear him laughing quietly, but he is not trying to undo what has just been said.

I cuddle a little in the ceiling again when it suddenly knocks on the door. I look at Chishiya confused because no one knocks on me so early. I walk to the door and when I open it, Ann stands in front of me. I look at her in amazement, and when her gaze passes me, I follow him. Chishiya suddenly sits on one of the armchairs and waves to Ann with his usual gaze. I try not to laugh but one thing you have to leave him, he's damn fast. Ann nods to him briefly and takes off her sunglasses as she turns to me.

"If you're interested, I could use your help. Danma thought you could be the right person for the job. I need an assistant"

"Assistant to what?"

"I still need equipment for my research and our first aid supplies go empty. I wanted to go to the local hospital and find everything together, I also need a few files."

"Clearly, when are we going?"

"In half an hour," she says kindly, then turns a little more sternly to the man behind me, "Chishiya, you're also coming with me. I don't want to have to give Niragi the lead"

"I wouldn't want to either," he says, shrugging his shoulders.