33. Interception

At 9 pm in the dark forest, some ninja were in groups waiting for someone. It was cold. The dark sky was filled with dark clouds as like it was about to rain. The lack of moonlight in the night made the view limited.

The three ninjas finally came into their view. One of them is a raven-haired ninja, on his is a pink-haired ninja and in front of them is their leader Sai. All of them wearing wears black attire.

One of the Root ninja came to Sai "I thought you will only bring the Uchiha". Sai looks at him with a straight face " things change, we need a medic if we are about to have a backup plan" he answered smoothly.

"She is just a gennin, she has no experience same goes as Uchiha there. Furthermore, they are vulnerable" he complains to Sai. Sai chuckled " in near time, you will take back what you talk about them as you see their true potential" the three ninja just arrive walk to the group that looking at them since they arrived.

"Where the mercenary ninja that we hired" Sai asked his colleagues. One of them pointed to the tree that was 3 o'clock from his place.

They went to the tree and saw two Akatsuki ninja were there scouting around their meeting from his place. The orange mask with one hole ninja turn his head to Sai with two ninja on his back. "Tobi, this is..."

"Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura. It was a surprise to see that two of you went to this timeline" Obito continues Sai sentence.

"Obito, it's been a while since that battle" Sasuke said while shaking hands with him. Obito snorts "Believe me, it was a hard battle indeed".

" and you one of his old teammates, right?" Sakura said in a questioning tone to the woman beside Obito. "Yeah, my name is Nohara Rin. You can call me Rin or my Akatsuki codename Rina". Rin smiled at the two newcomers.

" mmmrrghh" a runt sound came from them. The voice was heard by Sasuke, Sakura and Sai.

"Rin-san, what that noise just now," Sakura asked as she feels like she had heard that voice before. Sasuke and Sai are also interested in the voice that occurs earlier. "Oh, you mean him" she pointed her thumb finger to the grey-haired man with a scar on his left eye. His hands and legs were tied. His mouth also has been covered by clothes that made him unable to speak.

"Kakashi-sensei are you alright" she looks concerned about her sensei.

Kakashi deadpan looks at her concerned student "mmermemnhhhghhh( if you see this, then I'm NOT)".

" don't worry about your sensei, we will release him after the operation," Rin said. "Why don't you release him now?" Sakura asked. Rain gives her a homely smile and whispers "that because I want him to suffer a bit"

Sakura takes a step back from the mercenary Kunoichi who just change her smile into mischievous. Sakura glanced slowly in affliction at her sensei. "Good luck sensei. I wish you the best" She ignored her sensei rants as he was unsatisfied by her farewell.

Sakura went back to Sai who discuss his strategy with Obito and Sasuke in defeating Danzo in his basement. Sasuke glanced over his shoulder at the pink-haired girl and smiled at her. "How's go with the talk". Sakura gives him a strained smile and said " it's fine"

"Okayyyy" Sasuke didn't believe her but the mission is more important to him right now. "Now, you all have heard the plan. Now let's move on. We cannot waste more time before he destroys Konoha" Sai says to his subordinate and his friends before they went into Root hideout.

As they went there stealthy, they saw a metallic door. Sai opened the door and warned them about the Danzo. "If you see him, pressed this button on your communicators to apply the signal" one of the Root commanders agents gives them a short lesson while showing a device on his hands.