34. unexpected discovery

Obito and Sasuke both were tired after Sasuke chasing throughout the hall to smacked the one-eyed mask ninja because mess with him earlier.

Later, they were found by a Root member. "Sasuke-san and Obito-san you were called by Sai. He is in entrance A so don't be late" he said and vanished.

"Let's go Obito" Sasuke got up from his place while Obito followed him. "I'm on it," Obito said. Two of them went to entrance A where Sai waiting for them.

Sao who leaning himself on the wall glanced at them as two of them got into his view. "Finally, you come". Sasuke looks at him interested " why did you call us"

"I want you to confirm about something that I found in the lab" Sai lead them to the lab and showed them the anomaly that he found. Sasuke eyes were widened. He knew very well this thing anomaly. Why does this thing doing here? In this era.

Naruto apartment

Hinata went out of her room wearing a purple baggy hoodie with a short heading to the kitchen while massaging her forehead. "This headache going to kill me" she groaned.

"Aren't you too young for the headache to kill you, honey" Hinata glanced at the blonde who sitting on the sofa. He looking at her with a sly smile on his face. "Yes, I am. If you may I want to get some pill to relieve my pain" she didn't have time to tease her beloved husband so she went to the shelf and pick some medicine that she stores in it. She goes back to the bedroom to continue her sleep.

Knock

Knock

Knock

"I'm coming" Naruto opened the door to see Sasuke was outside. "Sasuke what are you doing here. In the midnight"

"Naruto we didn't have much time come with me right now I have to show you something and you may interest in it," Sasuke said straight to the point. Naruto didn't know what he wanted to show him but it must be that urgent since he coming at an unusual time.

"Okay, I will go first let me change my clothes." He said. He headed to his closet and dress up in his grey long sleeves t-shirt and long black pants. Sasuke was a bit surprised with his new attire. "Wow, you... No orange?" He said questioning tone. "I still love orange but not every time I would wear them."

Naruto and Sasuke headed to the Root headquarters by taken a roof instead of a road for a shortcut. They wanted to head there as quickly as they can without noticing any Anbu and other shinobi. "So you saying that Danzo makes an experiment to himself and turn into a tailed beast?" Naruto said after Sasuke explaining to him on the way to the headquarters.

"Yes, but he transformed into the one-tailed beast but the replica of it. It is hard to believe at first but after I seeing with my own eyes I can't deny it"

"Yeah, at least he got killed as revenge for what he did to your clan" Naruto said. "To be honest I felt relief that he died and also we got a new headquarters instead."

"What headquarters "

"The Anbu headquarters. That will become our new hideout for our operation"

Naruto gasped, he was surprised. That Sasuke gains a place for their operation from the Root agents. The agent that was once ruled by Danzo. The man he very hated in the world.

Both of them arrived at the ruined main headquarter entrance that had been destroyed by Kakashi earlier during his battle with Mutated Danzo. Naruto entered the entrance and found his corpse in front of him. His body isn't human anymore but almost similar to the one-tailed beast. Truth to words, Sasuke was hard to believe without seeing it first.