16

────────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────────

Hazel ( tw : violence )

"You doing okay haze?" Hailey ask me as I wave a goodbye to my last patient for the day. I tiredly turn to look at her and give her a small nod. She gives me a 'are you serious' look with crossed arms. I sigh. "I'm just... tired." I answer.

"Yea I can see that since you forgot to cover up the bags under your eyes." She points out, my eyes widen as I take out my phone and go to my camera to look at myself, I then realize that I did indeed forgot to put makeup on to cover the slightly dark bags. I close my eyes, frustrated.

"Come on, tell me what's wrong." She says as she gives me her full attention. My lips form into a thin line. "Well you see... my um... friend, has recently passed away and yesterday was her funeral but another funeral is being hold up for her in a bit because she's half korean and half hawaiian meaning, doing both korean and hawaiian funerals for her." I explain to her as despite I've been working with her, I'm not in that level to be able to tell her anything as me and her are both simply colleagues.

Hailey simply nods her head understanding the situation. "I'm sorry to hear that, take care of yourself okay?" She softly says as she begins to gather her things. I nod as I leave her so she can lock up the hospital. I make make way towards the car and stop when my phone is ringing. The caller ID is Taehyung, I open the door to my car and get inside as I answer the call.

"Hey what's up?" I ask him as I turn on the engine of my car and put my seatbelt on. "I sent you the location and also wear something to get wet in since it will be a ocean funeral, you don't have to wear dark colors, light or bright colors are allowed." He explains. "Okay thanks tae." I say, not realizing I gave him a nickname.

"O-oh uh your welcome." He says, not noticing the surprised tone in his voice. I nod despite he can't see me and tell him a goodbye before hanging up the call and pulling out the parking lot and making my way to my place, not wanting to be late.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

I let out a breathe as my eyes fall on the almost sunset that is slowly falling asleep to take a break. I was wondering why the funeral would start around sunset but I am brought out of my thoughts as my eyes land on Taehyung that instantly waves a hand in the air and smiles widely seeing my arrival. I get out of the car and lock it behind me as I make my way towards Taehyung.

"Hey." I say. He simply smiles as he turns around and picks up a pearl white surfboard and turns towards me as if he wants me to hold it. I look at him confused on why he's giving me a surfboard. He lets out a chuckle. "You'll see." He says with a smile. I nod my head as my eyes look around at Leilanis family holding all different color surfboards.