20

────────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────────

Hazel

"Why are we in the forest?" I curiously ask Yoongi as it was odd my 'escaping place' was in the forest.

"I'll show you, maybe you might remember but if not, I'll tell you as well." He softly says as he begins to lead me deeper into the forest.

After minutes of walking, my eyes slowly see a pair of stair case that had plants slowly growing on it, my eyes slowly lead up the stairs and see a big decent tree house that looked like it hasn't been used for years as mother nature begins to claim the tree with beauitful green leaves swirled around the stairs, the walls, and the roof.

Yoongi leads me up the stairs and the stairs make a low squeak sound each time me and Yoongi walk up the dark wooden steps. As we both reach the top, my eyes then land on a worn out wood sign as Yoongi opened the door to the tree house, an old creak was made due to how old it got but my eyes stay on the sign.

"Yoonie and Hazel treehouse only!" I softly whisper as I read the carved words that said on the sign. There was also a crooked heart but that made me smile as you run your finger tips over the words that were carved on it along with the heart.

I then feel someone staring at me and I see Yoongis intense eyes soften as he motions me to come in.

The minute I come in, the tree house is dark but suddenly when Yoongi closes the door, the dark room is replaced with lights and my heart warms at the sight of seeing drawings on the wooden walls. I slowly move closer to the drawings and I instantly smile as my eyes take in two stick figures that resemble a little girl and an older male.

Little Hazel and Yoongi.

"After your mother was caught with that stranger, your mother and father were going to break up until your mother lied to him and made a promise to him that she was drunk and she was hallucinating that she saw him so he forgave her blindly, but forgiving her easily, made things worse as your mother kept cheating on your father and after falling for one of her hookups, your father had caught her again, thats when agruments began but it frighten you to hear the yelling as you are a light sleeper and day by day, the arguments lasted for hours so with fear you always ran away without your parents noticing, you ran and ran until you reached to the forest and always hid behind the log." he contiunes from where he left off from eariler.

I take away my eyes away from the drawing and look behind me to see Yoongi sitting down on a baby blue beanbag. Beside him, I see a baby pink beanbag and decide to sit next to him. Yoongi looks down at the ground, not paying attention to me sitting next to him.

"Argue after argue, they began to argue after you and there was one day you had enough of the yelling but it hurt you so bad that you decided to draw while being at the forest.' he softly says. He looks up from the ground and turns to meet my eyes. I stare into his eyes and thats when I groan while grabbing onto my head.

Flashback

I cover my ears with tears in my eyes as even I try to cover my ears, I can still hear the muffled shouting being heard downstairs.

I was so tired hiding under the blankets and having a hard time to breathe in the warm air so I remove my blanket from on top of me and carefully walk towards the stairs, as I make slow careful steps down the stairs, I make sure they can't see me but they immedately quiet down as I flinch with wide eyes with fear due to the hard slap that your father had just recieved.

"I'm so sick and tired of you. I love him for fuck sakes and I haven't had this much fun in such a long time. I can't be with you since you only care about work." My mother yells at my father.

"I only care about work to provide for hazel and your ass since you always want to party and don't want to take care of hazel. For fuck sakes, we aren't twenty anymore and aren't you even thinking about hazel? Am I the only one that cares about her well being and thoughts? Can't you fucking see that once she saw that man that one night, all I fucking saw was betrayel. She's only five god damn it. It's almost her birthday and all I see when I wake her up is her stained cheeks that have dried tears. She's now crying in her sleep and wakes up with a frown. We both know the first thing she does when she wakes up is smiling brightly." My father angerly says with tears in his eyes.

"I don't fucking see her smile anymore." He weakly says as a tear escapes his eyes.

I stare at my father with tears in my eyes, feeling bad that I'm hurting him by not smiling and that's when all I wanted to is protect him from my mother.

I carefully go back to my room and take out my drawing notebook for school and a pencil before walking out of my room and go to the stairs once again and wait until my parents walk out of the kitchen to try to calm down but knowing they will argue again, I quickly and quietly run down the stairs and get out from my house and run to the forest while wiping the tears from my eyes.

End of flashback

I gasp for air as Yoongi careeses my hair while holding me in his arms, not realizing I was in his embrace due to the flashback. "Your okay now, I know its painful to remember." He gently reassures me. I sniffle as my tears fall onto his black long sleeve shirt. I move closer to his chest, snuggling myself in his arms as I wrap my arms around his waist.

We both stay in silence as I try to calm down my cries but my mind was repeating my fathers words as my heart ache remembering how it felt when his tears fell.

────────── ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ──────────

we have another glipse of hazels past, we are getting closer to where she first meets yoongi and what happens between hazels mom and dad and how hazel went from having biological parents to having foster parents

hope you guys are enjoying the book so far and stay tuned for more updates. :)

. <3