CHAPTER 23

"Yeah, yeah. I'll better start heading back, it was nice meeting you guys!" you jumped off the railing of the box, flying straight to your own to watch the fight between Mina and Aoyama.

Aoyama ended up with a stomach ache and lost.

The next was Tokoyami vs Yaoyurozu. To put it shortly, Tokoyami won but only thanks to being quick.

After that you watched the match between your friend and a boy similar to him go down, it ended in a draw.

No surprise there. The last match now.

Bakugo vs Uraraka.

You were almost 100 percent sure Bakugo would win due to simple overpowering but if Uraraka had some kind of plan, it could've gone differently.

The match was especially intense and Uraraka had a great plan. A really good plan indeed. And you were proud of her. But Bakugo did end up winning. [Sorry, I was too lazy to write anything longer so this is basically a summary]

"Good luck, Kirishima. Be a man and do your best out there," you encouraged when your friend was off to do the tie-breaker. This was about to be one of the most intense arm wrestling matches anyone had seen in their lifetime. You stayed to watch it in the corridor.

As you watched it go down, an annoying whistling started in your ears and you started getting dizzy.

I've had that before but never this bad, you groaned, making your way outside to get a bit of air. Just as you sat down by the wall, pain struck through your body, making your mind go completely blank. It was agonising but you couldn't speak - you were completely paralyzed. You couldn't hear, see or feel anything else besides the pain.

"Oi! Snap out of it, idiot!"

The voice was distant and hazy. You could barely hear it.

What? you thought, your mind still hazy and the pain still there.

"Hey? Can you even hear me?!"

You violently shook your head, coming to your senses once more. Your feathers were on the ground around you, twisted in all sorts of ways and twitching. You looked at the boy in front of you who had quit your suffering.

"What was that?" he asked slightly angrily.

"Sorry you had to see that, Bakugo," you apologized, getting control of your feathers again and retrieving them. "But I don't think I'm allowed to tell you."

"What do you mean you're not allowed to tell me?" he asked, calmer this time. Almost... worried?

"It's... complicated. Has Kirishima's match already finished?" You both stood and started walking back.

"Yeah," he nodded. "You didn't show up after that and I didn't care about the fight between Deku and Icy-hot so I went for a walk and boom your feathers were everywhere going berserk. You were in some sort of daze and when you woke up from it your feathers just dropped to the ground."

You smiled, looking at the ground. You didn't know that Bakugo was so... soft? You would've made fun of it but now wasn't the time. Instead, you said: "Thanks for snapping me out of it back there. I really needed that."

"No problem," he answered. But then something snapped him back to his normal self and he growled: "You owe me now."

You laughed lightly. "I really do, don't I?"

***

You two arrived back to your class just in time to see multiple walls exploding with the power of fire and whatever Midoriya possessed. Or would it be better to say whatever possessed Midoriya?

"Oh my goodness," you muttered, feeling your hair fly back. "I'm happy I'm up here not down there."

"Yeah," Kirishima agreed from beside you. "Wait, Y/n your back!? Where did you go?" He asked the last question after the current had calmed down.

"Had some business," you waved your hand dismissively. "Wait! He's still standing?!" you exclaimed.

"How can you tell, Y/n? I can't see a thing," Kaminari commented.

"Better vision, remember?" you asked, pointing to your eyes.

You earned nods from the boys and the fog cleared up.

He looks so... beaten, you thought, eyeing Midoriya who seemed to be broken in every physical way possible.

"Nah I take that back. He's not," you said, watching him fall to the ground.

Midnight announced Todoroki's win and the crowd immediately started buzzing.

"Who's next?" you asked since you had not seen the second round's chart.

"You and Shiozaki," Kirishima said. "But I think they'll take a bit of time to fix the arena."

You nodded. "I'll get going. I have to talk to some people."

You walked out of the box and straight into the commentary one. You popped your head in.

"Hey! Mr. Aizawa? Can I talk to you real quick, it's pretty important," you said quietly, careful for the microphone to not pick it up.

He nodded and came out the door. "What is it, kid?" he asked.

"You remember how I mentioned the League injecting something into me?" you asked quietly.

He nodded. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, it's been acting up a lot lately and I just thought it would be wise to let you know so if something happens, you know what it is," you said.

He nodded again. "Thank you. But don't worry. You're strong. I believe you'll be fine."

"Thank you," you nodded, making yourself look cheerful all of a sudden. "I better get going, don't want to miss my match!"

Aizawa looked after you and then went back into the room, waiting for Mic to turn off any device that could project their voices to the world.

The yellow-haired man did so and turned to his friend. "What was that all about?"

"Whatever League injected into her has been acting up," Aizawa said, a hint of worry in his voice.

"How bad is it?"

"I don't know. She just said it was acting up. I don't even know in what way."

Mic nodded.

At the same time, you turned a corner and ran into Todoroki. "Hey, Todoroki!" you greeted. "I saw the end of the fight, you're really strong you know."

"Thank you, Y/n," he thanked and then looked at you. "Where were you by the way? You didn't come back and Kirishima said that you had waited for him."

"Something came in the way, don't worry about it," you waved it off.

"I better go now, my match will start soon."

He simply nodded and watched you go away. Why do I feel like it's definitely something to worry about?