CHAPTER 99

He offered you a rare gentle smile before putting on his usual grumpiness and stepping out the elevator, leaving you to follow him with a slight smile.

You yelled in delight, the mountainous ride going very fast. There were 20 seats on the ride but your whole class was on it. Why? Because Mineta wasn’t tall enough for the attraction. So yes, maybe not the whole class.

Your attention was quickly captured with a different sort of yelling - a terrified one. The ride quickly slowed to a stop on top of a mountain and suddenly, pure chaos erupted in the park. 

Your eyes widened when you saw the reason - everything was crumbling. Everything. You knew the person behind all that but he couldn’t be that fast, could he?

“Jump!” you yelled to everyone frantically, unbuckling yourself. “Fly if you can! It’s the League!” Without wasting a second, everyone scrambled up, some hesitating to jump but seeing that your feathers were ready to catch them gave them reassurance.

By the time everyone got off, the ground had become a shattered bloodfield. [Google Docs wanted me to correct it to bloomfield and I was like: sorry, no] The sight disgusted you. But there was a part of it that made you happy - there weren’t too many villains. Only Shigaraki, Dabi, Toga, Spinner, Twice and Mr. Compress.”

“WE COULD TOTALLY TAKE THEM ALL ON!” Bakugou yelled, fired up.

You nodded. “Possibly, but we have to stay in the air.”

But it looked like Bakugou didn’t hear you, he already charged. You sighed Bakugou way it is, and next second, everyone ran into battle. Second later, everyone was battling someone and quickly, it was just a mess of fists, legs and quirks.

The big part of the battle lasted only a few minutes but so much happened in that time. A bunch of your fog-shields got destroyed, making your wings bleed, Toga managed to cut your back so one of your wings stopped working and you plummeted to the ground, your blood slightly splattering on Shigaraki’s hair as you did. By the end of all that, you all were scratched up, Compress, Spinner and Toga were knocked out, Dabi had a quirk-restraining cage on his hands - which Momo made - and the only one still standing was Shigaraki.

You stood yourself up, trying to come up with a plan. This is a long shot, you admitted to yourself, remembering what Shigaraki had once told you. You stepped a bit forward, not taking your eyes off of the blue-haired man. History. Show me what Mon looked like. An image of a corgi appeared in front of your eyes and you took a deep breath, squatting on the shattered ground.

As soon as your palm touched the ground, a jot of light ran down your neck and soon, it was on the ground, a projection of the corgi starting to appear. “There you go, Tenko,” you smiled gently, cutting the projection off from your hand.

“Mon,” the man muttered, seeing the corgi run towards him. “I’m so, so, sorry.” Tears welled up in his eyes, happy laughter escaping his throat as the dog licked his face. Most of you never thought you would hear that. But you did. Not sadistic laughter, not sarcastic. Genuinely happy.

Suddenly, Shigaraki fell to the ground, knocked out. It was Mineta who did that and he quickly started securing Shigaraki’s hands near his body with the balls from his hair.

You got the corgi back in your hand and went next to Hitoshi, smiling gently as you spoke. “He has a broken and lost soul so the key to win him wasn’t fighting like he did. It was not fighting at all.”

Hitoshi hugged you from the side. “You’re awesome, you know? I’m very proud of you.”

“Thank you,” you grinned, starting to feel slightly dizzy as the adrenaline wore off. “Don’t forget to catch me, Hitoshi.” With that, you passed out.

***

As the police came to escort him, Dabi turned his gaze to Shinso who was holding your unconscious body in his arms.

“This may sound weird coming from a villain. But make sure to take good care of her, okay,” Dabi said, smiling softly at the end. Although confused, Shinso nodded solemnly and adjusted your body in his arms, making sure he wasn’t hurting any wounds you had until the ambulance came.