CHAPTER 42

"G'night, dad," you answered through your sleep, only partly aware of your words. He froze. Then he smiled and left the room. You slept without nightmares for the rest of the time.

"Y/n, I have to arrange some stuff with Vlad. Just so you know, the girls of your class got permission to use the pool today," Aizawa said.

"I know that," you smiled. "I was planning on skipping though."

He smiled softly. "I think you should go. Get your mind off of things. If it makes you feel any better, you can also take the guitar to maybe play to the others."

You nodded. "I might consider going."

"And boys are going too so I advise wearing the school's swimsuits," he said.

You smiled. "Thanks, dad."

Your eyes widened a bit, waiting for his reaction.

"No problem," he said before leaving the room. You let out a sigh of relief before going to the music room to pick up the acoustic guitar you were learning.

Bass got boring when you had no one to play background to so you decided to learn a bit acoustic too so you could sing or hum to yourself or do some fingerstyle.

***

You had put the swimwear under your clothes and were headed to the pool area now.

"Hey guys," you greeted.

"Hey, Y/n!" Momo said cheerily. "You planning on coming in?"

"Nah, I'll skip. But I can play you guys some songs," you offered.

"Oooh that would be awesome!" Mina exclaimed.

"Okay, what first?"

"Do you know the song Memories?" Tsu asked.

"Sure! It was the first song I learned to play on acoustic," you smiled, starting to strum softly.

About half way through the song, some boys started coming in so you sat down in a corner and played lower, shying away since you weren't that good.

"Why'd you stop playing?" Mina whined after Kaminari and Mineta burst in after everyone else.

You frowned and felt your cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "Because people are doing serious training. I'll be back."

You went back to the dressing rooms to leave the guitar there and take off your shorts and shirt. You weren't going to awkwardly sit by if absolutely everyone was there.