CHAPTER 52

Plopping down on your bed, you stared at the ceiling. I sure hope it isn't one of those nights.

It was one of those nights. They were rare but agonizing. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't sleep. Thoughts you couldn't ignore clouded your mind, telling you weren't worth what you had. Telling you you had made the wrong choice. Telling you you were ugly.

Hence your tiredness right now. It was Sunday though so it wasn't too bad that you were tired. The only flaw you saw in it was not being able to keep your mask on as much.

I just need some sugar and I'll be fine.

***

"Hey, hey, hey, guys, you want to help me with something?" you asked, having regained your energy and planned out the day. Currently, you were leaning on the sofa from the back, getting the attention of Todoroki, Kaminari, Kirishima and Midoriya since they were the ones sitting there.

"Hey, Y/n. What do you need help with?" Kirishima asked, giving you a smile.

"I want to measure which of my currently known forms are stronger," you said, straightening up again. "In terms of speed and strength."

"Cool! I'm in!" Kirishima said, jumping up from the couch.

"Me too," Kaminari said, standing up.

"Sure," Todoroki shrugged. Midoriya nodded.

"Cool! Let's go to gym Gamma, I have already asked permission," you said, adjusting your headphones and visor around your neck.

***

"Okay, speed first. Who wants to take time?" you asked, stretching.

"I'll do it," Midoriya said, taking out his phone.

"Thanks," you nodded. "I'll go there and back as fast as I can, okay?"

He nodded. "Ready? Go!"

You did the same thing as the start of the year.

"11.43 seconds, Y/n," Midoriya said. "That's so fast!"

"Yeah!" Kirishima agreed. "I almost didn't see you move!"

"Thanks," you said. "Now the other form."

You transformed.

"Ready? Go!"

You took off surprisingly fast. Faster than you had expected at least.

"9.68 seconds," Midoriya said quietly while you transformed back.

Your eyes widened and you nodded slowly, baffled yourself. "Oooookay. Now strength. Any of you have ideas how to measure that?"

"You could try to carry us all," Kaminari said.

You shook your head. "Nah. I already know I can carry at least three people. It's the placement."

"How about you make something from your fog and see how many of those things you can lift?" Todoroki offered.

"That's a great idea!" you cheered. A huge cube, around uhh... 5 by 5 meters. Stone-weight material. [For reference, giraffes are around 5-6 meters tall]

"I'll never get tired of watching you do this! Your quirk is so cool!" Midoriya cheered.

You nodded. "Yeah... My quirk."

To cut off the silence, you smiled. "Okie-dokie let's do it." You sent out all your feathers to lift the cube. You managed. Barely but you did. So that's my strength limit for now. Good to know.

"Woah," Kirishima said.

"Okay dragon form," you said. Let's do 7 by 7 meters. A rope around it so I can lift it. Fog gathered around the cube that already existed and made it bigger. You transformed again.

Flying up, you took the rope and lifted the cube up with only slight struggles. You let out a happy noise. Yay!

Coming back down, you transformed into a human again. "To sum it up, human form is better for rescue since I can use my feathers and communication. Probably some other things but I'm not going to burden myself with trying to figure those out."

The others looked at you baffled.

"Your... arm, Y/n," Kaminari pointed out.

"Oh," you said, looking at the white scaly spots on your arm. "That's the drawback."

"Your dragon form is so cool!" Midoriya cheered.

"Thanks," you grinned. "We should probably get back. Lunch will start soon. Thanks for coming with me by the way."

"No problem," Kirishima smiled.

As you started to head out of the gym, you retrieved the cubes in fog form.

Hmm, you thought, Wonder when's the next time I can hang out with Shinsou.