CHAPTER 69

"What is it- Oh, you've got to be joking!"

[Just something quick so you know - I plan to wrap this up in the 100th chapter because that is a beautiful number.]

"What do you mean 'it's locked'?" Jirou asked, exasperated.

"I don't know! I turned my back for one second to see how you two were doing and bam! It was locked!" Kaminari exclaimed, waving his hands around the air as he explained.

"Then why'd you turn around, idiot?!"

You sighed irritatedly, looking back from crouching in front of the door. "Will you two continue the couple-bickering later so I can pick the lock right now?! Besides - something's outside. It's all part of the test."

"What?" Kaminari asked.

"Duh! It's part of the exercise! That's what she said," Jirou explained before you could have the time to answer.

Pain struck through your head. G...n... re...e...e...a...ion 2...% c...m...le...e

"What?" you hissed, gripping your head with the hand that wasn't occupied with lock-picking.

"Are you alright, Y/n?" Jirou asked.

"Yeah, yeah, just a headache," you waved it off. "Do you have the axe? I'm finishing in a bit here."

"Yeah, I have i- whoa!" Kaminari exclaimed, making you turn to look at him. The axe had grown from being the size of an earring to the size of his palm.

"Well that changes things," you muttered. "It must be someone's quirk. Seems like they go all out with the training here."

"You don't say," Kaminari said, an eye roll apparent in his voice.

You ignored him."Now let's get out of here."

Pushing the door open, you ran out. Only to be met with robots who, you noticed, were armed with guns.

"Holy crap!" Kaminari yelled, taking the robots' attention to you.

"Kaminari, why?!" you asked. "Now we have to fight them while still avoiding property damage!"

"I'm sorry," he said, now calmed down again. "But trust me, we can handle a few robots."

"They're down, you two," Jirou said, making you turn back around to see the two on the ground. "Now let's go and get the axe to Mr. Aizawa."

"Sure," you nodded.

***

"Good job, team yellow. You were the second to get back. Please go join team green in waiting for the results," Aizawa said boredly, pointing his thumb behind him to the green team who were watching the others still compete.

You smiled and walked over. "Hey, Bakugou. Todoroki. Kirishima. Congrats on being the first to come back!"

"Thank you," Todoroki and Kirishima thanked with different levels of enthusiasm while Bakugou, of course, got cocky.

"Of course we won, I was on the team!"

You smiled, going over and patting his shoulder. "If you say so."

***

"Team yellow wins."

"What? Why?! We were the first ones back!" Bakugou raged.

"Because you broke the lock while they picked the lock, doing less damage than you guys. And they came back merely a minute after you," Aizawa explained nonchalantly.

Bakugou growled, turning to you.

"What?" you asked, smiling broadly at him.

"Fight me!"

"No, thanks."