CHAPTER 54

You nodded with a smile. I'm glad I got to hang out with Shinsou before the exam... Though we just talked and ate ice cream in that cat cafe, I'm still really glad because we sure will be busy after the exam - there's no doubt about it.

Stepping off the bus, you stretched your wings. I'm tireeeeed. Yawning, you looked around. Most of the people there seemed to be older than your class but you didn't mind. We're just that good I guess.

Gripping the handle of your hero costume suitcase, you stood next to your legal guardian gazing up at the clear sky. "Hey, dad?" you asked, getting his attention. "Do you think we'll be fine? I'm kinda nervous. We're like the youngest here."

He smiled softly. "You'll be fine. I have no doubt about it."

You nodded to him gratefully, the nerves in your stomach partly calmed down.

***

"Eraser?!"

You saw your father figure visibly tense at the female voice.

"I know that scowl anywhere! I saw you on TV and at the Sports Festival but it's been a while since we've been this close in person!" the woman said, walking towards your class.

You took a step back. She matches my enthusiastic mask but hers is more... genuine? And way more energetic. I'm- I'm scared. You took a tiny step to the side, partly hiding yourself behind your father figure.

"Let's get married."

"No," Aizawa said blankly, denying the woman.

You were so confused. "What the heck?"

The woman laughed, not noticing you. "You're a real laugh, right buddy?"

"As usual, you're impossible, Joke," Aizawa said monotonously.

You stepped out from behind him, child-like curiosity in your eyes but still keeping your guard up.

"Come on imagine it, if I was your wife you would have a future full of constant laughter!"

"That sounds like an actual nightmare."

You laughed lightly, genuinely happy and amused.

"Don't laugh at me," Aizawa said to you, his eyes narrowing.

"Whoops, sorry," you said with a smile.

"Seems like you two were close," Tsu commented.

"Our agencies were close. As young heroes, mutual love bloomed-"

"No it didn't," Aizawa denied. You bit your tongue to refrain from laughing.

"Now who are you?" Ms. Joke turned to you.

"I'm Y/n Takami," you introduced with a polite smile sticking out your hand. "Nice to meet you."

"You too," she said very cheerily. Even too cheerily for your liking.

"So, Joke. If you're here then that must mean," Aizawa started.

"That's right! Over here, guys! It's U.A!" the woman cheered, a group of students walking towards your class.

You stepped behind Aizawa, hiding from any human interaction.

As you watched it go down, you heard your dad's voice from behind you since you had turned your back to face him. "Hey. Get your costumes and head to orientation. There's no time to waste."

You sighed in relief, happy to get out of there. You weren't good with that many unfamiliar people who knew you but you didn't know them.

***

This was much, much worse. Everyone in the hall knew your class from the Sports Festival. You were usually good with people but this was too much.

So you did your best to keep up the enthusiastic mask, planning on letting it fall when you were alone again.

***

The rules were explained and the walls of the huge room came down, leaving everyone in an open space.

As soon as you could, you flew on top of a high tower to be alone, letting your real and sharp personality come out.

All right. The best thing for me to do is corner a few students, distract them with plasma blasts, transform to human, throw them out and bam I pass. Theoretically, it sounds easy enough. But I haven't transformed mid-air before.

"The 1st test will now begin."

Well then, time to start acting.

You transformed into your dragon form and flew through a plasma blast. Students, students, students, holy cow they're so dead.

Eyeing your classmates in the ball rain, you rose high up in the air, transforming back. You were visible now. But your wings weren't since they are the connection between you and your dragon form. I got'cha guys.

While you controlled your feathers to get your classmates out of there, you had a lot to think about. Invisible feathers could be another ultimate move. It's much better for situations like this than visible ones. Wonder if in dragon form I can also send them out but it makes my wings smaller... Guess I'll find out soon.

Retrieving your feathers, you turned back to dragon to be completely invisible. I hope I bought them enough time.

You landed, still invisible. There was no one else on the mountain. The targets on you were on your hip, near your shoulder and on the side of your thigh. It's boring alone. Maybe I should join the others? At least for now to help them deal with, well, everyone.

So you took off again, stopping when you were hovering above your class. You had restarted your invisibility so you would be fine for now.

Suddenly about four balls were shot towards your class. Not on my watch. In a second, a plasma blast was fired and the balls were destroyed. Invisibility started to wear off and everyone could see you now.

"Nice of you to join the party," Midoriya said.

"Who's that?" someone from the crowd asked.

You smirked. Time to try the new trick. You concentrated and soon your wings started to rip, a few feathers coming out and floating beside you, ready to charge.

Next you knew, everyone was thrown away by a huge earthquake. You quickly retrieved your feathers and turned invisible. Looks like I'll be going solo anyway. You sighed. So let's get this over with quickly.

You landed on a high pillar above a group of students. Plasma Rain!

As the students were distracted by your constant firing, you sent out some of your invisible feathers and took the balls from students' hands, putting them against their own targets. The lights on your own body flickered blue. You retrieved your feathers and changed back into human form, also shaking off the invisibility.

"Thank you!" you yelled down to the students. All right! I was the first to pass.

"And the first and second people have passed!" the man announced while you entered the waiting room. "The first one to pass is from U.A and the second from Shiketsu High!"

"Wonder who's the second," you muttered, looking up at the ceiling.

"Your class' student was first to pass," Ms. Joke told Eraser. "I'm impressed. Who do you think it was?"

"Y/n Takami. The girl you met earlier," Aizawa answered without missing a beat.

"Wait... Takami? Is she related to Hawks?"

"Yeah. She's his younger sister."

"Then no wonder she's that strong!" Joke said, ending the conversation and looking back at the arena.