chapter 14

14. Divided the Family Property and Lived Apart

"Come, Xin’er, sit down with grandpa."

Seeing that Huang had softened her attitude, Li Tao was relieved.

Speaking of his wife, she had been the third daughter of the Huang family in the south of the city. At that time, the Huang family had been well-known. Despite his failure in the official examination, Huang had still been determined to marry him. For so many years after the marriage, she had always been living a hard life.

Therefore, he always felt guilty for her. If he didn’t have to, he would not want to have too many quarrels with his wife who had married him at his lowest point.

Li Xin'er didn't pay attention to Li Tao's call but just kept his head down, and his little hand held Qin Ya's hand tightly.

Li Xin'er's little hand was sweating. Qin Ya could even feel the whole body of the little guy was shaking!

He was very scared!

Qin Ya's eyes looked colder and colder. Li Xin’er hadn’t even reacted like this when he had seen Lord Zhang. It could be seen how he had been treated in the Li family before!

"Father-in-law, please accept my obeisance."

Suddenly, Qin Ya bowed ninety degrees to Li Tao.

"This bow is to appreciate your and my mother-in-law’s care for Xin’er these years."

After that, Qin Ya made another bow.

"This one is for the gratitude to your and mother-in-law’s tolerance over the years."

Qin Ya's action made Li Tao stiffen with a complicated look. Meanwhile, Huang’s eyes were full of surprise.

"What… What do you mean? "

Li Tao said in a trembling voice.

"I have figured out some things. With regard to the food and clothes of Xin’er in the future, I’ll take care of it by myself. I hope that the father-in-law and mother-in-law will return me the pension and the two acres of paddy fields that belonged to Chenggu at the end of the village so that I can make a living in the future."

It was said in a clear voice, which was neither humble nor pushy.

"Well, are you going to divide the family property and live by yourself?" Huang squinted.

"Qin Sufen, you’d better think about it again. In the past, although you were lazy, you still had food to put on the table. That's all thanks to our Li family!"

Although Huang didn't show it, waves were surging turbulently in her heart.

If it wasn’t those disgusting fat of the person in front of her, she would even think that this person had not been the original lazy, cowardly Qin Sufen!

"Thank you, mother-in-law, for thinking about me. I have already thought about it and will never regret it."

Qin Ya turned her face to Li Tao, and her face showed her determination.

"Well..."

Li Tao was not able to respond at the beginning. However, he thought about it carefully, and it was a reasonable request given that his second daughter-in-law might have heard what they had just said.

"Alright, your request is not absolutely impossible. It's just that there is rice planted in those two acres of paddy fields already. If you want to have them, you have to wait until the autumn harvest. As for the pension, the government gave us one liang of silver ingot at the beginning, so I can give you half."

Huang said this and nudged Li Tao.

"My Lord, do you think it's reasonable for me to divide it like this?"

Li Tao raised his eyebrows, but when he was about to have a fit, he heard Huang's whispering.

"My Lord, Xin'er is not your own grandson. Our own grandson, Li Zong, will need to go to private school after autumn. If I really give half of the pension to her, even if we put aside the issue of what we eat in the future, how can we earn money from the possible lousy harvest? "

The anger shown in Li Tao’s eyes was replaced by helplessness and guilt.

"Re… Reasonable! "

When Li Tao was talking, he didn’t even dare to look at Qin Ya. After that, he asked Li Chengming to come into the inner room with him.

After a while, Li Tao didn't come out of the room, but Li Chengming came out with one liang.