Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Bluffling Her Way out of Trouble

"You little bastard , you really ran back here."

As soon as ge entered the yard , though still panting , he immediately grabbed a thick wooden stick from one of those strong men next to him and pointed it at Xin'er, who was in Qin Ya's arms.

"Mommy... I... I'm scared."

The little child was so fearful that he buried his head in Qin Ya's arms when he saw the furious look of Lord Zhang.

"You little bastard , your mother has already sold you to me! She's not help to you. Come over here immeduately."

With that being said, he used the wooden stick as a cane and walked up to Qin Ya.

He didn't even look at Qin Ya at all and just raised his hands trying to grab the child. However, he didn't notice the gloomy look over Qin Ya's face completely.

"Ouch!"

At the next moment , the frail Lord Zhang was thrown ti a meter away.

Zhang fell heavily on the ground and the dust was blowing.

Those strong guys were in shock for it was totally unexpected that this chunky widow even dared kick Lord Zhang.

However, they came to themselves from the astonishment pretty soon and then immediately surrounded Qin Ya.

"Hmm, are you guys going to beat me now?"

Qin Ya was squinting at those guys and didn't show any fear.

"If you guys have the guts , just hit me on the head. If I don't die, you'd better run your asses off. Otherwise, you all will end up in jail."

She even stretched her neck and pointed at the top of her head.

"I am not bluffing. You all know my husband was a soldier. Yesterday, I received his letter. Not only did he not die, but also he got promoted. After another three or five days, he will come back. At that time, he will see my halfdead look and will definitely catch all of you!"

After saying this , Qin Ya even took two steps forward.

These two steps could have already made her bump into the person who stood in front. However, all of these men were panicky to move backward at tge moment.

She successfully gave them a bluff!

Now, Qin Ya felt much relieved.

At this time , Lord Zhang had already got up from the ground. Hearing what Qin Ya had said, he didn't rush to take any action but narrowed his small eyes to look Qin Ya up and down.

However, he didn't notice anything wrong with the woman... Instead, he was more convinced of her speech.

' This woman, confronting more than ten strong men shows such arrogance. She would not be so confident if what she said is fabricated.'

Despite being kicked , Zhang was a Lord after all. Unlike those reckless villagers , he knew how to be tolerant.

His eyes rolled , and Lord Zhang yelled at one of those strong men.

Hearing the command , the man humbly came

"Go find the village head."

The man responded and ran away quickly.

After that Lord Zhang signaled to the men that they all dispersed to the side.

He showed his teeth blackened by cigarette and smiled at Qin Ya.

"Didn't you sell me Li Xin'er? Why do you regret it today?"

Qin Ya sensed Lord Zhang obviously softened his tone , so she sneered at him in her heart. ' This Lord was no doubta fence- sitter.'

"Oh? Is this the case?"

Qin Ya looked at Lord Zhang in surprise.

Then she rubbed her head and continued ,

"Lord Zhang , I must have been a little confused recently , and I really can't remember this."

Lord Zhang heard this and twitched his mouth. His eyebrows were even raised because of anger. However, at the though of Qin Ya's words just now , he had to suppress his sullenness