Chapter 12

12. Rules

Zhu Cuihua responded quickly, picking up a pickle immediately and then stuffed it into Li Zong's mouth.

However, as fast as she reacted, she couldn't cover what Li Zong had said which had been heard by all the people on the scene completely.

"When Heaven is about to place a great responsibility on a great man, it always first frustrates his spirit and will, exhausts his muscles and bones. What did I always teach you? After dinner, you need to go to the study room and copy Three-Character Classic one hundred times!"

Li Tao denounced angrily.

"I won’t copy it. I did nothing wrong!"

Li Zong was the eldest grandson. Li Tao usually worked in the field while Huang spoiled him and had never beaten or scolded him. Although the grandson was also afraid of Li Tao, his arrogance had already been developed, so he refuted Li Tao immediately.

"You!”

Li Tao was so angry that his face turned red. He raised his hand, about to slap Li Zong in the face.

However, his hand didn’t fall down but was stopped by Huang.

"My Lord, what’s the point of getting angry with just a child? Truly indeed, we haven't eaten meat for a long time. Look at how tiny Xiaozong and Yue'er are?"

Although Li Tao was angry, he was not a stubborn man. In fact, his income from farming with his eldest son over the past few years was able to support the family. However, he was fond of panache and spent all his money on vanity. Unfortunately, there was a drought this year, which led to this situation that although they looked gorgeous outside yet they had to keep alive on chaff and wild vegetables.

Thinking of this, he finally put down the hand he had raised previously and sighed.

"That's it."

"My Lord, given that the children are craving for meat and I haven’t eaten anything good for long either, why don’t you take out the pension of the second son and use it to release our financial burden?"

Huang rolled her eyes and asked.

"Nonsense!"

Li Tao's face fell as he heard Huang’s speech.

"When the second son went to join the army, he told me to set aside half of his monthly salary to let Xin’er go to private school in the future, but now all of his monthly salary has already been used by us. We can’t use his pension for any excuse!"

"My Lord!”

Huang lengthened her voice.

"At present, it's us who are in trouble. Our second son would not blame us in the other world. Besides, when we have the money in the future, we can still send Xin’er to private school."

With that being said, Huang's eyes welled up with tears and cried with a choked voice.

"My Lord, just look at these people in the house. Nobody are in bad shape!"

Li Tao became silent suddenly.

He looked at two children first and then his daughter-in-law, who had a sad look on her face.

"Oh, you all are eating now?"

Just when Li Tao was about to be convinced, a sarcastic voice came up.

Following the sound, people found an adult and a kid standing in the door of the main hall, having no idea of how long they had been there.