Chapter 24

Another Crisis

"I can leave it as that if it is other people beating him. However, Xin’er is your own grandson. How could you beat him?"

Qin Ya said that with a look that she was about to cry.

She felt truly sorry for what Li Xin’er and the owner had experienced in this family. Li Xin’er was quite clever, well-behaved, and good-looking. However, he has not lived a good life ever since he was born.

Qin Ya's words made everybody at the site sad and sob. Her neighbors began to whisper, and the situation gradually got out of Huang's control.

"The second son of the Li family was not treated well by his mother and father since he was a child in the first place. I didn't expect that this old couple was so cruel to their grandson..."

"I totally agree. How could they even have the heart to beat such a small child? Look at the beating on his body..."

All the people at the site started to take Qin Ya’s side.

Huang had originally intended to force Li Chenggu to announce the divorce with Qin Sufen under the pressure so that she could get the stuff from Li’s family back.

Seeing that the situation was reversed by Qin Sufen, she pointed at Qin Sufen angrily and began to scold, "You bitch. You were constantly asking for the division of the family property when my son was not home. Why don't you mention it anymore now?"

Even though she didn’t like Li Xin’er, she never really beat the child.

Looking at Li Xin'er's injury, Huang suspected that Qin Sufen, the evil woman, had beaten her child while her man had not been at home. She did not dare to admit it and was afraid that Li Chenggu would ask about it eventually, so she took advantage of this to plant the blame on Huang.

"Don’t naively think that other people don’t know how bitchy you are. You sold Xin’er to Lord Zhang. It may be that you collaborated with one of the men whom you have affairs with to hurt Xin’er. You now put it on me and make me the scapegoat for this. No Way!"

Huang was obviously pissed off and spoke her mind directly. However, she never thought that she was also involved in it. If she cursed her second daughter-in-law, it would be bad for the reputation of the whole family as well.

Just as expected, the crowd started to shake their mind as well.

"I don’t think of Qin Sufen as a good person, either. Do you remember the fuss she made a couple days ago with Lord Zhang? The village head helped her due to the favor he owed to the Li family before. Who knows it wasn’t the devil rebuking the sin…”

"What's more, the second son of Li family has not been at home for such a long time. As a woman, she has been alone for a long time. She said that it was a thief. I'm afraid it is not convincing either..."

"I also suspect that that man was having an affair with her and ran into Li’s second son coming home. The son had no choice but to say it was a thief and then took the man to the feudal office. Tut tut..."

All these words were just like a knife cutting Qin Ya’s body.

Those people looked at the farce of the Li family with disdain and also some pleasure. Everyone hoped that the Li family would have more events so that they could make a fuss about.

Among these people, there was a man named Laizi, who had been a bachelor all these years. He looked at Qin Ya with his amatory eyes. He kept rolling around his eyes.

It had been heard that if a woman's face was fair, her body was usually soft. Although Qin Sufen was a little fat, her skin was delicate and tender. It was hard to not have maggot in mind.

Li Chenggu stood between his wife and his mother. He had expected this farce from the day he came home.

Huang and Qin Sufen had had conflicts for a long time. Besides, Huang was a troublemaker. Knowing that he was back, she would certainly try to ask for some money from him.

However, it never occurred to him that his mother was so shameless that she defiled Qin as a bitch.