Chapter 31

Li Chenggu’s Restlessness

Li Chenggu slightly pushed her away. "It's late. You’d better go to bed now. I'll go to the kitchen to clean up."

He avoided the subtle atmosphere there with Qin Ya.

It was not him feeling nothing about her. He would still have many days in the future to do it. It's just that there were still some problems between him and Qin Sufen, which were not settled yet.

Thinking of this, Li Chenggu put on a straight face. In the place where Qin Ya couldn’t see him, his look was in a big contrast with his honest and humble appearance.

After he had left, Qin Ya put her hand over her hot cheeks.

She started to have a bit of fear after what had just happened. She was not a naïve young girl anymore, so she could clearly feel his reaction.

In fact, under the circumstances just now, even if Li Chenggu had insisted on having sex, she would not resist…

After all, she had this identity as his wife and also after that fire…

However, at the bottom of her heart, she still could not cross that line.

Although she was moved by this man's behavior and felt that he was much better than her husband in her previous life, the time they spent together was still too short after all. She wanted herself to take it slowly so that she could have more time to adapt herself to it and also to give him more time to accept her…

She was not Qin Sufen, and she couldn’t do the same way as Qin Sufen.

So far, she had actually exposed a lot of her own characters, but she didn't know if Li Chenggu was aware of her differences or not.

She wanted him to accept herself, not Qin Sufen…

Although she resided in Qin Sufen's body, she was quite different from Qin Sufen. If Li Chenggu could accept herself as what she was, she didn’t mind becoming a real couple with him.

The next morning, Li Xin’er got up from bed and found his father gone.

He sat up and woke Qin Ya up.

"Mommy, why is daddy gone?"

Qin Ya rubbed her eyes. She thought about things too late last night and didn't notice when Li Chenggu had been out.

"Daddy must have something important to do. Don't worry about it. Do you want me to get up and cook breakfast for you?"

She could only try to comfort Li Xin'er and was about to get off the bed at the same time.

However, as soon as she tried to support her body by putting her hand on the edge of the bed, the wounds on her body were torn as well. She couldn't help crying out at that moment. “Hiss…”

"Mommy, how are you? Is the wound hurt again? I'll blow on it for you... "

Li Xin'er was afraid that his mother was hurt again, so he went to blow her wound with his mouth. While blowing, he said, "When I was hurt before, daddy often blew on my wounds, and he said this would make the wound no longer hurt. I also blow the wounds for you now..."

The child's innocent voice echoed in the room.

There was nothing that could be more reassuring for Qin Ya, who lost her child and transmigrated to this place.

When they were smiling together, Li Chenggu came back from the outside.

He had a pheasant and two hares in his hands. He brought these back from the outside. His clothes were mostly wet. It was obvious that he went out when it was still dark outside in the morning when the dew was heavy and thick.

Qin Ya saw him and didn't know how to face him at that moment.

However, Li Chenggu was so natural that it seemed that he didn’t take what had happened last night seriously.

He called Li Xin'er to come and help. "Don't annoy your mom. Her wound is not cured yet. Let her rest. Today, you and I will take care of your mom together. How does that sound to you?"

"Awesome!"

Li Xin’er answered quickly in a clear voice.

He twisted his little butt to dress himself, then jumped down from the bed and called out happily, "I’m a big child now. From now on, I will take care of mommy together with Daddy."

Li Chenggu pretended that he didn't hear Xin’er change the words from “today” to “from now on”.

He just handed Xin’er two little bunnies.

These two little bunnies were obviously just born, which were only the size of a palm. They nestled in Li Chenggu's arms with a pair of eyes timidly looking at people.

Li Xin'er was extremely happy. This was the first time that he saw such a small animal.

"Daddy, these bunnies were so adorable. Can I keep them?"

"Ask your mom first to see what she thinks."

Since Li Chenggu already took them back, he obviously intended to keep them. However, in order to promote the relationship between the mother and son, he gave Qin Ya the right to make this decision.

Li Xin'er, with the white bunnies in his arms, ran up to the bed. His eyes were wet and looked at Qin Ya.

"Mommy, I like these two bunnies so much. Please let me raise them."

Qin Ya touched his head with a smile, "You can't even take care of yourself. How can you take care of these two rabbits?"

Li Xin'er was unwilling to give up. "I’m very capable. I can take good care of myself and the rabbits."

Qin Ya covered her mouth and said with a smile, "Well, given you said so, if I don’t allow you to keep them, I will be a villain. Go find your father and let your father make a nest for your two rabbits."

"Wow! My mommy is brilliant, hooray to my mommy... "

Li Xin'er was so happy that he jumped up and down with the bunnies in his arms.

Li Chenggu looked at how they two interacted with each other with smiling eyes, which also were also filled with exploration deep down.

He was trying to explore whether Qin Ya pretended to be affectionate to Xin’er or she was sincere.

It was not his fault to suspect her. Since Qin Sufen married him, she was not good to Li Xin’er. She used to pretend a little bit in front of him. In private, she often beat and scolded Li Xin’er.

He knew all of these, so he paid special attention to Qin Sufen's actions. If she had any bad intentions, he would not keep her around.

Although he had some indistinct feelings for her right now, he couldn't tolerate anyone's bad behaviors towards Xin'er. If Qin Sufen really cleaned up her act, he would be willing to treat her as his real wife in the future. The moment she rushed into the fire trying to save him, he had already opened his heart to her.

What was missing now was only an opportunity.

Li Xin'er ran to his father ecstatically. He begged his father, "Daddy, please make a nest for the rabbits, or they will have no place to sleep. If there is no place to sleep, wouldn't them be miserable..."

Li Chenggu rubbed Li Xin’er’s nose and looked at him fondly. “Funny you, you know that the bunnies are miserable. Isn't your daddy miserable as well that he had to go out early in the morning? You don't even have a word of concern for me."

"Oh, then daddy, you are miserable as well… But, when on earth will you make the nest for the bunnies?”

Qin Ya didn't expect that her random words would make Li Xin'er actually pester Li Chenggu this much. She giggled on the bed.

The laugh tore the wound again, and she couldn’t help to gasp in pain.

Under the rising sun, Li Chenggu looked at her with smiling eyes and an expression of affection.