Chapter 25

Fire

While the crowd was watching the scene of bustle, Huang was still shrewish and tried to make a scene.

Suddenly, there came a shout in the distance.

From far to near, the voice was filled with some anxieties. "Mrs. Li, you’d hurry back to your own home. Your house is on fire. It is quite terrifying..."

As soon as Huang heard this, she immediately stopped making the trouble. She quickly got up from the ground and began to run home staggeringly.

‘God, my dear eldest son and his family are still trapped in the house.’

Zhu Cuihua was more dramatic. As soon as she heard the sad news, she felt everything turned black and fainted.

Qin Ya took a look at Li Chenggu and found that he still remained calm and self-contained. It didn’t seem that he was affected much at all.

She thought about it for a while. Then, taking advantage of the situation, she hastened to whisper in his ear, "If there is an accident in the old house, you have to go over and have a look, otherwise people will gossip about it. I'll take care of this side. You can just go and have a check over there quickly. Hopefully, nothing goes off trails again."

Li Chenggu stared at her as if she were a stranger with a pair of eyes as keen as an eagle.

Qin Ya was confused, "Is there anything on my face?"

She thought she got something on her face when she was pulling around with Huang, so she rubbed her face with her hands.

"I didn't know that you would care about things over there."

This was a real surprise.

When Li Chenggu married her, she was lazy and greedy. She didn't want to have intercourse with the Li family or take care of her parents-in-law.

He didn't care about this. After all, he and his parents had not been quite close emotionally since he was a little kid. They were having a rough relationship and just kept closeness as family members on the surface. They just got by like this day by day.

He didn’t expect the craziness today. Besides, Qin Sufen’s personality changed so dramatically over these years that he felt he barely knew her.

"You've been out for so long. It will be ridiculous if I don’t have any improvement at all. Let’s cut it short. Just go there and check first. I’m concerned that if anyone is injured."

It's a big thing that the house caught fire in the village. After all, the house was made of wood. If there was a fire, there would be no way to control it.

Qin Ya had no time to dispel his doubts. She had to explain perfunctorily and expected that they would talk in detail after he came back.

Li Chenggu obviously knew the priority, so he didn't talk more on this with her anymore. He went into the house, took a box of ointment to her from the bag he had brought back, and asked her to apply some on her face.

After settling down all these matters, he left for the old house.

Before he even approached the house, he had already seen the raging smoke and flames from afar.

People's voices were in great commotion. There were people crying, animals barking.

The house was surrounded by people. However, no one dared to come close. They were holding water pots, trying to put out the fire. However, it was like a drop in the bucket.

The fire was too big and soared to the sky. No one dared to approach closer.

"Lord Li and his grandson are still caught inside.”

An unknown voice came from the crowd.

Li Chenggu looked around, directly took a basin of water from a man's hand, poured it from head to foot, and wet all his clothes.

When Huang saw him, she did not care that she had had a quarrel with the second son's family just now.

She was crying and begging him. "Your father and your elder brother's son are still in it. Go and rescue them quickly."

"Why not go to beg my big brother?"

Li Chenggu was not a person who could be tricked by a few words, though he would rescue his own father for sure.

However, since his eldest brother was fine, why did he need to risk his life to save his nephew?

"If something happens to your father, your eldest brother is the pillar of the family. How can I allow him to take the risk?"

Huang rejected without even thinking.