chapter 17

17. Eldest Sister-in-Law Is Like the Mother

Li Tao had chest pain every time he saw Qin Ya. As the saying goes, “out of sight, out of mind”. He waved his hand and said “um” as permission.

Qin Ya smiled.

"Thank you for your understanding, but I don’t have any food or cooking stuff in the kitchen over there now. May I ask for help from you?"

Zhu Cuihua had been stabbing Li Chengming with her finger. However, her man just ignored it.

She would not stop Qin Sufen from cooking by herself. However, if Qin Sufen wanted to take something away from this house, it would not be tolerated at all!

"No way! Didn't you already get an acre of land? Why are you so cheeky? You even start to plan on things in the house. Humph. As long as I am in this family, you’d better stop thinking about the stuff here."

Qin Ya had a playful look at Li Tao, perceiving the flame of anger in his eyes. Obviously, he was not only angry with her.

"Cuihua, mom and dad hasn't spoken anything yet. Why do you start to yell loudly now? Although the eldest brother is a father-figure and the eldest sister-in-law is a mother-figure, our father-in-law is still here after all."

Li Tao's moustache curled up. He tightly compressed his lips, stared at Zhu Cuihua, and then glared at Li Chengming.

Huang came out with a title deed in her hand. She gave a glance at these people. Although she hated that Zhu Cuihua was so useless, Qin Ya was the one that they needed to deal with.

“My Lord, please sit down and have a rest. The younger generations are so thoughtless that they delay you from a bite of the hot food."

Huang’s eyes fell on Qin ya.

Li Tao listened to Huang and snorted slightly. Then, he sat with her on the seats for the host and hostess.

"Mom, you are right. When you were not here just now, Cuihua even yelled in front of our father. I think she probably didn't learn the rules properly from you in daily life."

Qin Ya said slowly.

Li Tao looked at Huang with dissatisfaction. Zhu Cuihua, as the eldest daughter-in-law, did not have the demeanor she was supposed to have. His Li family was a scholarly family.

Huang's face went pale. ‘What a cunning Qin Sufen!’

"My Lord, Zhu has always been forthright. Maybe she is just too angry today."

Zhu Cuihua nodded repeatedly.

"Dad, I have realized my mistake. I’ll absolutely correct in the future."

"I heard that the rules in those scholarly families are very strict. No matter who they are, the wife of the master or the servants, if they do something wrong, they have to kneel down in the ancestral hall. It is said that the person, once goes outside of the house, represents the entire family, and if there is any mistake, it will damage the reputation of the family. Our peasant family is advantageous in this matter because people just need to apologize when they make any mistakes."

Li Tao's eyes became darker because of anger. The word "peasant family" irritated Li Tao. He was also a person who had passed the imperial examination. However, because of bad luck, he returned to his hometown to cultivate land, but even so, Li Family should still be counted as a scholarly family.

Huang saw the changes of Li Tao's expression and knew that Zhu Cuihua couldn’t get rid of the punishment today.

Zhu Cuihua was not that smart. However, she still knew that Qin Ya's words were directed at her. She looked at Li Tao's pale face.

"Qin Sufen, don't talk nonsense here. You don't have the right to speak in front of the mom and dad."

Li Tao beat the table, looked at Zhu Cuihua and said to Huang.

"That's the good daughter-in-law you've chosen. She even dared to yell in front of me."

Huang also lost her face because of Li Tao vented his anger on her.

"Humph, since you're in charge of the family, you should take care of it properly. No matter how declined our Li family is, we are still a part farming and part scholarly family. We have no tolerance of any unruly people. Zhu is not allowed to have dinner tonight."

He looked at Huang again and then at Qin Ya.

Huang refused to give the title deed of the land.

Qin Ya stared at Li Tao, which made him feel embarrassed.

"Huang, I’m the master in this family. If you feel you can't bear to stay in this family either, just pack up and go home."

Huang's face turned pale and gave the title deed to Li Tao, wiping the tears with her hands.