Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Here Came the Trouble

The moment Qin Ya touched the child with her chubby hand, his thin shoulder shook violently and panic and terror floated in his big eyes.

"Mom... you... you won't beat me like him, right?"

The trembles in that cute voice made Qin Ya pause a moment.

"Did Lord Zhang hit you?"

Because of anger, Qin Ya's tone increased subconsciously.

Nonetheless, her high-pitched voice scared the child , who hurriedly wanted to break free from her arms.

The height of the original owner of this body , according to the estimstion of Qin Ya , is about 170cm.she had held him in her arms, so if he broke free and fell , it will absolutely hurt him.

However, the child was probably in extreme fear and started to struggle desperately by kicking his legs and pushing Qin Ya.

While he was struggling, Qin Ya noticed the marks of whip on his hand and hos neck. She held the child tight immediately and rolled up one of the chlid's sleeves.

Seeing the startling whip marks on his tender and slim arm, Qin Ya's eyes almost burst into flames.

The child was only four years old. How ruthless Lord Zhang was!

Although the original owner sold her own child to Lord Zhang for the sake of money , Lord Zhang fid have good money so that the child could have a better life in Zhang's house than being with her. That was what she though when she just got this memory. Therefore , she didn't think about getting the child back.

However, now, she saw this.

The idea of keeping the child by her side immediately popped up in her mind.

"Xin'er, don't be afraid. I was not angry at you just now. I was angry at those people who hit you."

The child was pushing her so hard. Qin Ya had no choice but to put him down.

"Mommy, were you... were you angry at those people who hit me?"

This little looked up at Qin Ya with his big eyes , which were filled with douths but actually more joy.

"Of course! You are my child. If someone beats you, I will not only be angry but also get revenge for you."

"Oh!"

The child had a thoughtful look.

"However, mommy, you were nver angry when I was bullied by my elder brother."

"That was in the past, not now. I... I straightened out my thinking. If there is someone bullying you going forward, I will fight hard for you. How does this sound to you?"

The naive look of the child made Qin Ya feel so sorry for him.

She tried to make herself smile gently and soften her voice as much as possible.

"Is this for real?"

"Absolutely for real!"

The child smiled and showed a neat row of small teeth as soon as he heard this.

Looking at this little child smiling with tear stains on his cheeks, Qin Ya had a quite conplicated feeling.

This child reminded her of her own child who had died before birth because of her jump from the ninth floor in her original life.

This could be a change the god gave to her to make up for her own child. When she had been pregnant, she had named the child Xin'er, which was also the name of this child. What a coincidence!

Gently , she picked up the child again.

This time, the child did not resist. Instead, he circled his hands around her fat neck.

Qin Ya was about to take the child back to the house. However, she saw a group of people in the distance rushing towards her direction.

She couldn't help frowning when this group of people approached.

There were more than ten people in this group , all of whom were men in the prime of life, holding sticks in their hands as well.

They squeezed into her small yard without speaking. They just stood in two rows, left a road in the middle and then simultaneously looked at the direction where they come from before, seemingly waiting for someone.

Within the time of finishing a cup of tea , a fifty year old man, in black clothes made from brocade with long braids similar to the hairstyle of men in the Qing Dynasty, also entered the courtyard, huffing and puffing.

It was Lord Zhang.

Qin Ya frowned wider upon seeing him.