Chapter 33

The Truth of the Arson

Zhang was surprised by Qin Ya’s aggressiveness for a moment.

However, she rolled her eyes thinking for a little bit and felt that t Qin Ya was just putting on an act.

Zhang knew the greed and laziness of Qin Sufen. No one in the Li family was able to win her respect, never mentioning Qin Sufen, who had escaped to this place a couple of years earlier.

"Well, since you have something to say, my second sister-in-law, I might as well listen to it."

‘I'll see what exactly you will say.’ Zhang despised her and thought so in her heart.

Qin Ya ignored Zhang’s gaze filled with contempt. She sorted out her mind first and said, "It is true that Chenggu saved them. I’m also fine with it because it is the filial piety for Chenggu to do so. However, there are three sons in the Li family. Although Chengbai is now in the Zhang family. He’s the blood of the Li family. Can you deny this? "

Zhang nodded, given that she couldn’t deny this anyway.

‘Great!’

A smile appeared on Qin Ya’s face, which was dazzling like the clouds in the sky.

She went on. "Since he’s the blood of the Li family, how can he stand by when his parents are in trouble? Money or energy, you need to give whatever you can to help. My Chenggu has contributed his energy. Chengbai will not be reluctant to contribute money then, will he?"

Although Qin Ya was smiling, her face was full of sarcasm.

For the first time, Zhang was tricked by Qin Sufen. She was angry in her heart yet she couldn’t release this anger. She wanted to refute, but she couldn’t find any words.

However, to pay for her parents-in-law, this probably would be the least thing she wanted to do.

Having one more person in the family means one more expense. Li Tao and Huang, along with the incapable eldest son and his wife as well as his son, there were altogether five people more living in her family. They couldn’t afford to keep so many idlers at home even though they had money.

"Uh..."

Zhang was just about to speak yet Qin Ya directly stopped her, making Zhang have to hold to her words she was planning to say.

"I'm just saying. You don't have to take it seriously. Even though what I said is true in logic, the Li family has an eldest son after all. Even if he is in trouble, it still should be the responsibility of the eldest son to bear the family's burden. Chengbai is the third son, it’s not his turn to take care of this whether in logic or moral standards, right?"

Zhang could not guess what plan Qin Sufen exactly had.

However, what she had said was obviously good for her family, so she quickly nodded and said, "You are absolutely right."

Qin Ya was well familiar with how to manipulate people- a carrot and stick approach.

The reason why she negotiated further just now was to make Zhang realize that Zhang that not every responsibility fell upon Li Chenggu. Li Chengbai was responsible for the two elders in the Li family as well.

However, she didn't expect Li Chengbai to take care of the Li family. Putting aside that Zhang would make a fuss to resist it, even if Zhang unwillingly took this task, it would be inevitable that more troubles might come up in the future.

What she wanted was something else!

"Since you feel the same way, sister-in-law, why don’t we find a good time together to discuss this with the eldest son and his family. After all, for the issue like this, it’s up to the eldest son and his family for the final decision. I’m just making my suggestions here.”