Chapter 23

Trouble-Making Mother-in-Law

Qin Ya leaned behind the door and heard these words clearly. She knew that Huang and her sister-in-law came to make trouble for her.

She opened the door, went to the front of these two and asked, "Please allow me to ask, given that my sister-in-law was so confirmative about what she said, she must have seen this with her own eyes."

"Of… Of course not. "

Zhu Cuihua became embarrassed when she heard Qin Ya’s words.

She thought that with Qin Sufen's temperament, Qin Sufen would make a fuss about it, which was hated most by men. Thus, she deliberately irritated Qin Sufen and wanted to splash more filth on her so that Li Chenggu would expel Qin Sufen.

However, Qin Yafei ignored her words and fought back.

Li Chenggu stood there, watching the two women bickering from the beginning to the end without participating in it.

Huang was not quite confirmative about what her second son was thinking. She just wanted to end this quickly, so she came forward and slapped Qin Ya in the face.

Qin Ya didn't expect this at that moment and was hit by Huang.

Then, Huang raised her hand and was going to slap again.

"Wait a minute."

Before her hand even fell, Huang's arm was held tightly.

Li Chenggu stopped her from behind

Huang struggled a few times but failed to break herself free. She immediately sat on the ground and began to cry.

"I've been working so hard to raise you up. How unfilial you are that you are helping this bitch to fight against me after you married her. Do you have any conscience? My God, how could my life be so hard..."

Huang was making a scene here, and all the neighbors came to watch this.

Zhu Cuihua also seized the opportunity. Once she saw her mother-in-law crying, she immediately understood her mother-in-law's intention. She also lay on the ground and made a fuss about it.

Qin Ya stood on the side and saw clearly the bulging veins on Li Chenggu's hand when he tightly clenched his fist.

In this era, filial piety was highly valued. The gossip of other people might not be a big deal. However, Li Chenggu might have been into a dilemma that he had to choose between his mother and his wife.

This Huang was completely not qualified to be a mother. She was pushing Li Chenggu to make a difficult choice!

"Mother-in-law..."

Qin Ya saw this situation. She was out of choice. More and more people were watching and gossiping about Li Chenggu.

She quickly ran forward to pull Li Chenggu's hand apart so that Huang could be set free. Qin Ya closed her eyes and was ready for Huang’s slap to give everyone an out.

The expected slap did not fall down.

Qin Ya looked up, only to find five finger prints on Li Chenggu’s face

This guy…

Unexpectedly, there was a warm current flowing into her heart. Both in her last life and also this life, this was the first time that Qin Ya was protected by a man like this.

In her last life, she was the president of an enterprise. In the eyes of outsiders, she was more aggressive than guys. No one would even think of protecting her.

"Are you stupid?"

With that being said, Qin Ya’s tears already fell down.

She grabbed at him, forced him to open his fist and started to rub the palm of his hand.

"Just leave this to me. It's not good for a man to show up in this kind of thing."

After saying this, Qin Ya knelt down by Huang with one hand putting on her swollen cheek and burst into tears, "When Chenggu was away, Xin’er and I were just like an orphan and a widow. We did not dare to say even when we were wrongly treated. Xin’er was in his growing age that he still couldn’t have enough to eat. Mother-in-law, I can endure that you didn’t give me enough food to eat. However, Xin’er is your own grandson. How could you treat him like this?”

While Qin Ya said this, she pulled Xin’er to her side and rolled up his sleeves. The whipping marks were exposed.