Chapter 30

The Couple of the Same Mind

Hearing this, Li Chenggu could not help thinking about it.

However, after all, he was a rough fellow who was unrefined, so he didn’t really understand the odds and ends in the business world.

Looking at him frowning and thinking hard, Qin Ya also knew that she was pushing him a little bit hard, so she immediately said, "I'm just saying it. Don't worry about it. Go to the town and buy a few bolts of cloth. Since you want to go hunting, you must have good clothes."

"You can tailor clothes?"

After hearing her words, Li Chenggu stared at her in surprise.

Although women in this world could do some needlework, things like making clothes could only be done by tailors in shops. Not everyone could do it. People who had these skills generally didn't teach others.

Qin Ya didn't dwell on this issue but said casually, "I had a hard time in my childhood, so I could only pick up the unwanted clothes of others. When I grew up a little, I didn't have the money to buy new clothes, so I learned to make some simple clothes. After a while, I picked up some sewing skills."

What she had said was true. There were many children in the welfare center for children. Not everyone had new clothes to wear. In order to save money, she learned to make clothes with cloth.

Li Chenggu looked at her and didn't say whether he believed her words or not. As far as he knew, Qin Sufen fled to Yunding Village with her family. She had been separated from her family on the way. As a result, she had no one to rely on when she came across him. He kindly gave her some food, and then she eventually settled down in Yunding Village.

Considering Xin'er's age, he proposed to Qin Sufen so that Xin’er could have a mother. This was how this family was formed.

Even though they were just a nominal couple, given that they had already married for so many years, he knew clearly what she was capable of.

"Why are you so absent-minded? You need to go in a hurry. Otherwise, you won’t be able to catch the donkey cart on your way back home."

Qin Ya did not notice his doubts and just urged him to go.

Li Chenggu put this doubt aside in his heart and didn't speak it out. He covered it very well. His eyes were full of tenderness when he raised his head and looked up

"Do you want anything else? I'll bring it back for you."

Qin Ya thought about it for a while but didn’t come up with anything she wanted. Although fifteen liang was a lot of money, she didn't want to waste it before figuring out a way to build up the fortune.

"Go and buy some cloth first. It's important to make clothes for you and Xin'er first. Anything else can wait."

Li Chenggu went out in the morning and didn't come back until sunset.

The lunch was prepared in advance before he set out and put in the crock to keep warm. All was ready for Qin Ya and Xin’er simply to eat it.

In the evening, when Li Chenggu came back, he put things down first and then went to the kitchen to cook dinner.

After dinner, Xin’er was coaxed to sleep.

It was until this moment that Li Chenggu opened the things he had bought. In addition to two bolts of satin fabric of indigo color, there was a small box, which was about two fingers wide and about an inch long.

After opening that small box, she saw a double-stranded Chinese hairpin with plum blossoms.

The hairpin was made of wood. Although it was not expensive, it was exquisite workmanship, which was very beautiful and elegant.

"You bought this?" Qin Ya asked.

"I met an old man who carved it by himself in the market. It didn’t cost much. I have never bought anything for you. I always see you wrap your hair in a turban, so I just think I should buy you a hairpin."

Single strand was a hair chignon while the double strand was a hairpin. It meant that the husband and wife were of the same mind and would love each other forever.

Qin Ya had a lump in her throat and surrounded his neck with her arms.

Her hot breath surrounded his neck, which was very provocative. The sweet smell of the female body penetrated into his nostrils, which made him stiff.