chapter 16

16. An Eloquent Farmwife

At the same time, Huang peeked at Qin Ya.

"One liang is already enough to buy you a lot of food. You are not disabled. Can you even starve yourself to death?"

"You did make sense."

Qin Ya said so and went out again.

Huang immediately felt happy. She had known Qin Sufen must have been stimulated, which was why she became so tough. In fact, she was still a pushover.

Li Tao turned his head and saw the show-off looking in Huang's eyes. He shook off Huang.

His wife only had some petty tricks. Couldn’t she see that Qin Sufen was not going to give up?

"Sufen, why did you say so?"

"Everything my mother-in-law said is reasonable. After listening to her all these years, I want outsiders to judge it for me and my son."

Qin Ya looked calm.

Li Tao's face turned pale, while Huang's cheeks trembled. Her eyes were fixed on Qin Sufen, as if she wanted to poison Sufen with her fierce eyesight. ‘Is this fat woman really going to revolt?’

Zhu Cuihua looked at Li Tao for a moment, and then looked at Huang. Her eyes rolled around. ‘Is Qin Sufen stupid? She even doesn't want this one silver.’

Zhu Cuihua smiled.

"Mom and dad, let it go if Sufen does not want this money. If she wants to leave, why stop her? The silver ingot can just be used for some sumptuous meal for this family."

Seeing the joy in Zhu Cuihua's eyes, Huang's heart ached, thinking, ‘This stupid woman, is it a matter of one liang right now?’

Li Tao looked at Zhu Cuihua discontentedly and reprimanded her.

"You crap, when did I give you the right to speak?"

Zhu Cuihua shuddered and bowed her head in spite of her anger. She was just telling the truth. How could she piss off everyone now?

Li Tao had a cough, glanced at Qin Ya and said in a deep voice.

"It's not a joke to make people know about family affairs. Now that you are widowed and you only have your son, it is inevitable that you need help eventually."

The meaning of his words couldn't be more obvious.

"You're right. It's not easy for us two to survive in this world if we don’t have anything to rely on."

Qin Ya said this with a smile and then looked at Li Tao, seeing him nodding slightly.

"However, we, as a widow and a son with father, have nothing to worry about. We just want to survive. If we can't, we will not be afraid of anything."

As the slang goes, the poor are not daunted by the rich. Li Tao was stunned for a while and his discontentment could be seen on his face again.

Huang's chest heaved in anger. She curved up the corner of her mouth and carcked a faking smile.

"I didn't see that you were such a good talker before, Qin Sufen. Our Li Family has such a good daughter-in-law!"

"I’m afraid that I am not worthy of your kind words."

"Humph."

Huang snorted coldly. She suddenly changed her mind, knowing that her husband was very concerned about the fame and reputation of the family. Besides, Qin Sufen was so determined today. For a while she could not come up with any good idea.

She took another look at her eldest daughter-in-law aside who pouted the mouth and lowered the head. ‘She is really a fool. Even Qin Sufen knows how to fight for things, but that stupid woman just keeps silent and is so useless.’

"Huang, go and get the title deed for one acre of paddy field."

"My Lord, what are you doing?"

Huang's hands in front of her body tightened, and her eyes were fixed on Li Tao. Her tightly held hands showed her current mood.

"Will you go or not?"

Li Tao said in a deep voice.

Huang had to go to the inner room.

Li Tao waved with his hand and said, "Sufen, please don't talk about the division of family property anymore. It's not a problem for us to raise a woman and a child in our Li Family. You can take the title deed of one acre of paddy field first, and the harvest on this land all belongs to you."

Qin Ya put on a smile. It was a pity that she could not break away from this family temporarily. However, this one acre of paddy field could be counted as the interest. This vainglorious old Li was shrewd.

"Thank you, dad. I’ll take this one acre of paddy field. However, mom is not young anymore, yet she has to still take care of us younger generations. If Xin’er and I come to eat, there will be more work for her, so I plan to cook by myself in the future."