Chapter 28

You Will Be Fine!

What came into sight was the fat body of a woman. Although she was fat, determination and perseverance could be seen on her face.

At that moment, Li Chenggu seemed to see a war goddess coming down from heaven. He was a military general who didn’t know too many fancy words. His compliments to women would not be as elegant as those literati and poets.

It was just at that moment that his heart was invaded by something and gradually melted.

"I'm here."

After struggling to say this sentence, Li Chenggu got up from the ground.

Qin Ya walked to him and helped him to stand up. This was the first time for them to stand with hands holding together.

Qin Ya supported part of Li Chenggu's weight. Li Chenggu held the child in one hand, while the other hand firmly fixed on Qin Ya’s shoulder.

At the beginning, he had been somewhat confident in himself when he came in. Although he might not be able to save the child, he was sure that he would be fine.

However, he was accidentally hit in the back of the head by a cross-beam and passed out.

Fortunately, there was no fire in the place where he fainted. It was until Qin Ya came in that her cry of pain woke him up from his unconsciousness.

After escaping from the fire, Qin Ya's clothes were already burned to pieces.

Li Chenggu directly untied his overcoat and put it on Qin Ya.

The faces of them two, especially Qin Ya, were all black because of the fire. Qin Ya had just crossed the blockade of the flame and was covered with burns. She had tried her best to hold Li Chenggu’s arm and lead him out of the fire. At this moment, she could not stand up anymore.

Li Chenggu handed the child in his arms to Huang and Li Chengming.

Without further ado, he held Qin Ya in his arms and left the crowd.

Usually, with all these incidents, he should have taken Qin Ya to the doctor first.

However, Li Chenggu did not choose to do so.

In such a village, there was no way that they could find some good doctors. Some of the doctors were just quacks, and their prescriptions were nothing but folk remedies.

He took Qin Ya back home directly. Li Xin’er was shocked to see his parents coming in like this.

Li Chenggu asked him to fetch a basin of water and mixed it with some hot water stored in the tank at home. When he felt that the water temperature was proper, he asked Xin’er to step outside and wait.

He directly cut Qin Ya's clothes with scissors. After being burnt by the fire, the blood and clothes were already fused together.

It was impossible that her clothes could be taken off. Her closed eyes were filled with pain.

Li Chenggu’s eyes went darker because of anxiety. He directly cut off all the clothes. He dipped a cloth in the basin of water and tried to clean Qin Ya's body.

After several years of marriage, maybe Qin Ya herself didn't even know that Li Chenggu had never had sex with the original owner who had never even been naked in front of him.

This was the first time for him to see the body beneath her clothes. Even though there was hardly any good skin given that it was burned by the fire, it felt still better than the best Yang-Zhi jade (the jade that is as white as the mutton fat), which made people feel reluctant to move away from it.

"If there is too much pain, just bite this in your mouth."

After he cleaned her wound, the whole basin of water was dyed red by the blood. The wound on her skin was completely exposed as well.

She was given a towel so that she could bite it in her mouth.

Li Chenggu immediately found the box containing the wound medicine. After opening it, there was light green transparent ointment in it. Applying it to the wound gave a Qin Ya a cool feeling, which was in sharp contrast to the burning of the fire.

This ointment must come from somewhere extraordinary. There wouldn’t be too many people in this world who could afford it.

"You will be fine. I'm here for you."

After having applied the medicine, Li Chenggu was moving his hand gently around Qin Ya’s eye and brow with a committed expression in his eyes.