Chapter 29

Tenderness

Qin Ya had a dream in a trance. In the dream, she was abandoned by her parents and lived in an orphanage since she was a child. She studied hard since she started to be sensible. Later, she was admitted to a good university. After graduation, she established her own company. After that, her business grew bigger and bigger, and she also married someone who also grew up in the orphanage.

After marriage, she was busy with her work and had little time to care about her family. When she learned that her husband was cheating on her, she had been already pregnant for eight months.

In shock and anger, she accidentally fell from the 20th floor…

When she woke up again, she had already come to Yunding Village.

"Yunding Village… Xin'er... "

Qin Ya shouted and woke up from her dream.

At the same time, a big defined hand with slender fingers held her hand.

"Don't be afraid. I'm right here with you."

These words came from Li Chenggu, her “cheap” husband.

The past life and this life were entangled together at this moment. Qin Ya was not quite sober-minded. In addition to that, she had just woken up from the nightmare. She looked at Li Chenggu with an unsettled expression on her fair chubby face.

In Li Chenggu's eyes, she looked like a little abandoned puppy. Her eyes were filled with panic, which made people feel sorry for her.

"You were in a nightmare. I made chicken soup for you just now when you were asleep. Have a taste of it."

He brought a small crock out of the kitchen. He was not sure when Qin Ya would wake up, so he specially used the crock to keep the chicken soup warm.

Leaning toward his hand, Qin Ya sipped the soup in. "Uh-hem..."

A violent cough followed.

"What happened? You don’t like it?"

Li Chenggu narrowed his eyes with a little displeasure. However, his hand moved more gently. He patted her on the back and took a cloth to wipe the soup stains on the corner of her mouth.

This man was a rare gentleman in this world.

Thinking of this, Qin Ya lowered her head and asked him, "When did you go outside to buy the chicken? We don't have money for that. Why wasted it..."

It turned out that she was worried about the family budget. Li Chenggu laughed.

He explained, "You don't have to worry about these things. Your injuries have not recovered yet. I'll take care of you at home these days. When I came back, the imperial court had given me a lot of compensation. There are more than twenty liang of silver ingots. In addition to the expenses on the road and the money for chickens, there are still fifteen liang left, all for you. When you are better, I will go hunting in the mountains, and I will never treat you and Xin’er inappropriately on money."

"Fifteen liang?"

In fact, with all these incidents, Qin Ya didn't have time to figure out the price of goods in this world yet.

Earlier, she learned that the original owner sold Xin’er to Lord Zhang for ten liang of silver ingots. She couldn't help thinking about what she could do with fifteen liang.

Li Chenggu misunderstood that Qin Ya thought this money was too little. He frowned and said, "The expenses of ordinary people in a year are only one or two liang. In a little worse scenario, one or two liang is already enough for a family of five. I don't use much money. ‘Xin’er and you can't spend too much, either. The fifteen liang is more than enough."

Sensing that his misunderstanding, Qin Yaxin quickly explained, "I was not thinking that this was too little, but thinking about what we can do with the fifteen liang in the future. Now that winter is coming, it's time for us to buy some things to prepare for winter. Xin'er and you need more winter clothes. Besides, hunting is not a long-term plan. I wonder if there is any way to make more money out of the fifteen liang. "