chapter 20

The Return

Li Xin'er was still sitting on the ground blubbering, calling his mom continuously.

Qin Ya saw that Li Xin’er didn’t move at all and felt quite complicated. She knew that this little guy was sensible, but this was not the time to be sensible!

She needed to work her ass off to protect this little guy!

Bearing the burning pain on her back, Qin Ya opened her mouth and bit on that person’s calf.

"F**k you!"

The man cried out in pain and kicked Qin Ya's stomach.

"Ouch."

Qin Ya only felt a twitch in her stomach. However, her hands grabbed his feet even harder!

"Xin’er, go, just go!"

Qin Ya was hysterical.

"Mommy!”

Seeing Qin Ya's pale appearance, Li Xin'er's cry became sharper and sharper.

With a prick in her scalp, Qin Ya was forced to raise her head, but she still didn’t release her hands on his feet.

"Bah, fat bitch, how dared you bite me?"

There was a whistling noise when the stick was hitting towards Qin Ya’s face.

Qin Ya tilted her head to one side and could feel the hot blood rolling down her face. Her neck already became very sticky.

However, she could not loosen her grip. Neither could she faint. She wanted to protect Xin’er!

A fierce expression showed in Qin Ya's eyes. She gritted her teeth and raised her hand to grab the guy’s crotch.

Obviously, that man had already taken precautions and stepped back first.

"I just wanted to get some money at first, but now I will strip you two alive!"

After stabilizing his body, he was to knock Qin Ya’s head to the cabinet beside her by picking up her back collar.

‘Am I dying?’

Feeling that her head was going to hit the corner of the cabinet, Qin Ya’s heart got sunk. She never thought that she would die in this way.

She glanced sideways and saw Li Xin'er rushing towards her. She felt as if her heart was stabbed by something.

‘Good boy, farewell!’

Tears mixed with blood sliding down, Qin Ya slowly closed her eyes.

However, when Qin Ya just closed her eyes, she suddenly felt that the hand holding her was released.

At the same time, there was a sound of a heavy object falling to the ground.

In doubt, Qin Ya opened her eyes.

She saw a heavyset figure standing there, holding the stick that thief had just used to hit her yet without seeing him in front of her anymore. Instead, he was in the corner of the room, covering his stomach and crying with pain.

"You..."

Before the sound even faded, Qin Ya saw that the man walked to the thief in the corner of the room with one of his shoulders higher than the other while moving.

Then, it came with continuous screams.

When Qin Ya came back to herself again, the thief had already been beaten to not even in a human shape.

"Chenggu, don't beat him anymore, or else he’ll be dead!"

Even though she hated that guy, it would be difficult for her to live a quiet and peaceful life in the future if he died.

What's more, she didn’t want Li Xin’er to witness his father killing someone!

Yes, at the moment she saw the man beating the thief, she guessed that it must be Li Chenggu.

Or, it was because, except him, nobody else would even come back to help her.

There were also several other households around her house, so it was impossible for others not to hear such a big noise here. It was just that those people were too timid to come to help.

Hearing that, Li Chenggu’s fists stopped in midair. He looked back at the woman with blood all over her face and Li Xin'er, who was scared to death.

In the end, his fist didn't fall again. Instead, he found a rope and tied the man up.

After that, he went to Qin Ya.

"Are you all right?"

His voice was soft and full of guilt.

"Yes… I’m fine."

Qin Ya was stunned when he approached. At first, she thought that Li Chenggu, who had joined the army, should be a tough man with a big beard. However, this man standing in front of her at this moment was just ‘little fresh meat’ (a fresh-faced young man) in modern language. Moreover, this little fresh meat was not that kind of sissy. His eyebrows were like knives, his eyes were as bright as stars, and he was full of masculinity.

Qin Ya gulped and forced a smile. Then she got up and went to Xin'er.

"Where did you get hurt?"

Xin’er was still stunned and didn't get over the fear yet.

"I… I’m OK."

The little guy didn't even care about the blood all over Qin Ya and plunged into Qin Ya's arms blubbering.

Li Chenggu blankly stared at this blood-covered woman in front of him with great surprise in his eyes.