Preparing for the babies

This chapter was requested by SharitaPatterson, thank you.

It had been a few days since you found out about your new siblings, and you only grew more excited.
Right now, you were watching your parents set up the babies room, adding two cribs on the right side of the room.
Your mother had left to go and grab a few more decorations to add to the room while your dad was just finishing pushing a bedside table in the middle of the two cribs that were on the right side of the room in the centre.
You wanted to help with moving the heavy objects into the room, but your parents told you no, as you might get hurt.

"Please can I move one thing? I wanna help" you asked as your dad moved a small clam lamp into the room and placed it on a bedside table that sat in the middle beside the crib.
"No baby, you might hurt yourself" said Trollex with a soft voice, adjusting the lamp a little and moving the bedside table slightly.
you couldn't help but feel frustrated by this, you looked down at the floor with a grumpy expression, pouting and crossing your arms "hmph..." you grumbled, stomping your fin on the ground in frustration.

Trollex noticed and tried not to laugh at how cute your little tantrum was. "Aw come on, don't be like that" he cooed as he picked you up, however you turned away from him, your rainbow arms still crossed over your chest and frowning, sulking.

"Oh come on, don't be mad at me, I only said no because i don't want you to get hurt" said Trollex, giving you a kiss on your cheek.
You growled and rubbed the cheek he had kissed you on irritably, pouting more.
Trollex only sighed amusedly and gently stroked your fin ear affectionately, hoping to calm you down "listen baby girl, after me and mommy have moved a few more things in, you can help paint the walls later" he said gently with a smile.
Hearing this, you stoped sulking and looked at him with an excited smile "really!?"
He nodded "yep"
You kissed him on the cheek "thank you daddy!"
He smiled brightly and nuzzled your nose with his, making you giggle.
He gave you a hug before placing you down, smiling.
"You go play my baby, me and mommy will be finished soon" he said with a soft voice.
"Ok!" You said before zooming out of the room, feeling excited that you got to help out, plus the painting sounded fun!

After an hour, the room was complete.
It had a crib on the right side of the room near the centre with a small bedside table on the left side that held a calm like lamp.
A white dresser on the centre on the left side of the room accompanied with some stuffed sea animal toys, a changing table in the corner and the carpet was a nice dark purple colour with a lavender oval rug resting in the middle of the room, having LED multi coloured fish and squids printed on it. The curtains were cyan with fish printed on it and finally in the right corner of the room was a toy box filled with a few baby toys.
All that was left was to paint the walls.
Lily however was tired after the event and was going to lay down and rest, saying that you and your dad could surprise her.

With that, your dad left and came back with two paint buckets, one was full of light pink paint while the other was filled with a lavender coloured paint. The paint itself was actually made from special neon plants, since you couldn't use real paint underwater.
"Alright angelfish" said Trollex, placing the paint buckets down and pulling two paintbrushes out of his hair and handing one to you "which colour do you think is best for this room" he asked, gesturing to the two paint buckets on the sea floor.
You looked at the two paints, thinking hard on what might look better. After a short while you made your decision "can we use the light pink one?" You asked.
He nodded "of course baby girl"
With that, you both began painting, it took hours but you were both almost done. As you were painting the last part 0f the wall, you looked over to your dad who was painting the left side of the wall, almost finished.
You smirked as an idea came to you.
Adding some pink paint on your paint brush, you slowly crept over to him, grinning mischievously.
When you were close enough, you quickly painted on his fins, swiping the brush a few times on his tale and zoomed backwards, laughing.
Trollex was surprised by the sudden cold wet feeling on his fin, looking down he saw that the bottom half of his fins was covered in pink paint.
Hearing your laughter from behind him, he grinned and added some more pink paint on his brush. Oh it was so on!