You enter the junior flyer bug race

This chapter was requested by mgibbons5603

Today you had just signed up for the junior flyer bug race, needless to say you were incredibly excited, you had seen it before and it seemed like a lot of fun, and luckily your dad (although incredibly reluctant) agreed to it.
The receptionist smiled as she wrote down your name on a clipboard "alright princess Y/n, please go and wait in that room over there ok the waiting room for your coach to arrive.
"Ok!" You replied happily as you flew to the waiting room.

You sat down and waited eagerly, wondering who your coach would be. "I hope it's not Aunt Val..." you muttered to yourself, it's not that you were afraid of her or anything, but you were worried that she might have a very...intense and dangerous way of coaching...
Just then you heard a familiar voice say "yo Glow stick!" It was your uncle, he flew into the waiting room with a techno headband on and a whistle, you were happy to see him as always but confused as to why he was here, then it hit you.

"Are you my coach?" You asked with an excited smile.
He grinned down at you and nodded "indeed I am Glow stick! When I heard you were entering I just had to volunteer as your coach, meaning I get to spend more time with you, which is my most favourite thing to do" he said with excitement, hugging you and nuzzling his cheek against yours making you giggle.
You smiled brightly and hugged him back "this is gonna be so much fun!" You cheered.
He smiled, kissing you on the forehead.
"It sure will be"

After a few minutes you both moved away.
"Alright my Glow stick! I'm ready to do this! Are you ready to do this!?" He exclaimed excitedly.
You nodded "yeah! We can win!"
"That's the spirit my Glow stick!" He cooed, smiling at you lovingly.

With you still in his arms, Synth flew out of the waiting room and to a clearing where there was a small flyer bug waiting patiently.

Synth gently placed you down "aight Glow stick, as you can see I got you a flyer bug set up, now, before you go..." he paused and pulled out a piece of paper from his hair, he had made sure to write down safety rules so he wouldn't forget, he didn't want anything to happen to you after all.
Once he was done rereading the rules, he placed the paper back in his hair "maybe we should start slow, like you can hover above the ground at first so you can get the hang of it" he finished, smiling down at you.

"Ok" you smiled back and got on, Synth instructed you how to sit right.

Synth then turned his attention to the two antenna handles and gently guided your hands to them "aight Glow stick, just gently twist the handles to go, and..." he paused for a second to remember the next step "and while your driving, twist them more to go faster! And finally to stop, you-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence however because you suddenly sped off at the speed of a bullet.
"Wha-!? Glow stick no! Come back!" Synth yelled in panic, flying after you.

You panicked and swerved around while trying to slow down, in your defence you intended to only move just a little to get the hand of it, but you accidentally twisted the antenna like handles a little too far.

Luckily you were in a large clearing in a forest; so you didn't have to worry about hurting other trolls or crashing into buildings; however though you were worried about smashing into a tree or rock; the same thing Synth was worried about.

By some miracle, Synth had managed to catch up with you, he grabbed the handles and twisted them backwards making the flyer bug screech to a stop.
You were both panting from the panic and adrenaline rush, staring out into the distance I'm shock.
Synth quickly snapped out of it and checked you for any injuries, once he found none he sighed in relief.
Before he could say anything; you looked up at him with sad eyes and said "I'm sorry uncle Synth, I only wanted to move a little to try it out, I didn't mean to go so fast, I'm sorry..."
Synth felt his heart melt at your sad face and hugged you tightly "aww it's ok my Glow stick; what matters is that your ok" he said softly; kissing your forehead.