6. 'Friendship'

Camila's POV

Okay, I'm not going to lie and say it didn't hurt when she said 'that's what friends are for'. I want to be more than friends with her but I'm sure she doesn't feel the same way.

What if I tell her and then she thinks I'm a complete weirdo. She'd be disgusted by me. It's better to not tell her and keep her in my life, even as friends. But I'm sure I'm going to have to tell her sooner or later.

By the time I finished running away from Lauren, the kitchen was a mess. Pots were on the floor, fruit was spread around the counter, and other things were everywhere.

"Lo see what you caused?" I complained playfully.

She stared at me unbelievably, "You were the one that slapped my ass!"

"But you started chasing me."

"Because you started running away!"

"I was actually skipping to the kitchen Lo." I said with a innocent smile.

She scoffed, "Whatever." and started cleaning up the mess.

"I'm still hungry Lo." I whined.

"Let's just order pizza or something because I'm too lazy to cook."

"Oh my gosh pizza!!" I yelled excitingly.

"I'm guessing you love pizza?" She asked letting out a chuckle in the end.

"Duh, now hurry and call." I demanded.

"I'm going, chill." she said laughing, as she walked out of the kitchen.

_

"So what movie do you want to watch Camz?" Lauren asked.

"The Notebook!!"

"You like romance?"

"Yes! I'm a hopelessly romantic person."

"Really? I just like Action and Comedy." she shrugged.

"I hate those kind of movies."

She looked at me like if she heard the most unbelievable thing ever.

"What?!?" She asked.

"Yeah, I don't get the point of them."

"But-But, never mind let's just watch the movie."

She put the movie in and sat next to me on the couch. The movie started and I tried to get comfortable but I couldn't. Lauren didn't fail to notice.

"Not comfortable?" She asked.

I shook my head.

She put her arm around me and I cuddled into her side. "How about now?"

"Much better." I replied smiling.

At some point during the movie, I stole glances at Lauren. She was so beautiful, the fact that you could see the outline of her jaw. How her piercing green eyes glowed because of the tv's light. Everything was perfect about her.

I know I didn't transfer to Miami High to look for love, but love had found me instead.

The Next Morning

I woke to the blinding sunlight coming from the window. I slowly opened my eyes and realized that I was cuddled into Lauren.

When did we even go to bed?

I turned towards the night stand to look at the clock. It read 7:30. My eyes shot open and I quickly stood up causing me to fall off the bed and to then land on the floor with a loud thump, which then caused Lauren to wake up.

"Camz are you okay?" she asked with sleepy eyes.

"Yeah, but we're going to be late for school!" I said getting up and frantically looking through her drawers for some clothes.

"Calm down, we still got t-Holy shit! We're going to be late." she said running into the bathroom.

We didn't care what we were wearing since we had no time but surprisingly we somehow ended up matching. I was wearing Lauren's black baseball tee with her white jeans and my black chucks and she was wearing black jeans with a white baseball tee and her white chucks. How many baseball tees does she have?

"Wow." was all I said looking at ourselves through the mirror.

"Friendship goals." she said smiling.

We then quickly walked downstairs to her sports car. With that ache in my chest knowing that we were only friends and nothing more.

_

"There you guys are!" Dinah yelled as soon as she saw us.

"Yeah sorry, we kinda woke up late." Lauren explained.

"What do you mean 'we'? Wait, Mila you didn't go home yesterday?" Ally asked.

"Umm no, I didn't want to so Lauren let me stay with her."

"That explains the matching clothes." Normani butted in.

"Oh yeah." All three of them said in unison.

"So you two stayed alone yesterday?" Dinah asked smirking.

"No Dinah, we didn't. My parents were home and so were my siblings." Lauren said glaring at her.

"Anyway let's go to class." I said.

We all left to our classes and I completely zoned out the entire block. I just couldn't get Lauren out of my mind.

By the time the block ended I didn't have the notes that were supposed to be written and I had no idea what the teacher had talked about. But I guess that's what happens when someone fills your mind.

I walked out the room and went towards my next block which I had with Dinah. She would be my distraction.

"Hey Chancho." she said taking her seat next to mine.

"Hi Cheechee." I greeted back in a sad tone.

"What's wrong Mila?"

I sigh, "It's just Lauren."

"What did she do?! Did she hurt you yesterday?!Do I have to beat some Jauregui ass??" She asked letting her protective side show.

"No Cheech, it's just my feelings are getting too strong and I'm not sure I could keep them in anymore. Even though today's barely the second day of school and I barely know Lauren but it feels like I've known her forever. I think I'm going to have to confess to her soon." I say looking down.

"You should just tell her, maybe she ends up saying she likes you too. Who knows?" She said smirking.

"She doesn't like me Dee. She's popular, she has to be straight." I say starting to write down the things on the board.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." I heard Dinah mutter under her breath turning around.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh nothing." she said starting to write too.

Is it possible? Could Lauren have feelings for me?

A/N: Feedback? :) updated today because I fan girl over my own book lol.