43. Envious

Camila's Pov

"Yo Chancho!" I hear my best friend yell behind me

"Hey Dj, what's up?"

"Are you headed to the library?" She asks

"Yeah why?"

"Good, I'm not going to be lonely"

"Oh well yeah I have to do a paper for Music Theory"

"Mine is on Chemistry, explaining some equations"

"You have to write a paper about it?" I ask confused

"Yup, I have to if I want to pass the class and it's something I have to pass to become a Registered Nurse"

"I'm still surprised you wanted to be nurse"

"Why?"

"You just seemed like the type to be a teacher, I don't know"

"Oh well I might end up being Lauren's nurse one day. That'd be fun. She's coming back to work here right?" she asks

"I don't even know. Now that I think about it, we haven't really talked about that"

"Oh well Mani said she'd be coming back after she graduates"

"That's great! How is she by the way?" I ask excited to hear about Mani. We enter the huge library and head up to the second floor.

"She's doing well. She says Australia is really beautiful, she got to hold a baby kangaroo by the way"

"Aww lucky"

"I know right but make sure to bring that whole are you going to work here conversation up when you two talk again"

I nod, "I will"

___

I had just gotten out of my applied music class and was now making my way to my dorm, when I received a notification from snapchat. It was Sammy, I opened her snap and there I saw Lauren laying on her bed with her softball gear on and smiling down to her phone. Her caption read "when bae sends you something cute". I furrow my eyebrows together because I haven't texted her recently so it wasn't me who was making her smile. I must admit, I got jealous.

I exited out of the yellow app and went directly to my contacts and called Sammy. She answered on the third ring.

S: Hey Camila! You get my snap?

C: Yeah about that, I didn't send her anything..it's not me who's making her smile.

I heard the tone of her voice turn into confusion.

S: If it's not you, then who is it?

C: I have no idea but can you find out for me?

S: Yeah hold on give me a sec..

I thought she was going to hang up and call me back once she did find out but I was wrong when I heard her call out to my girlfriend.

S: Hey Laur, who you talking to?

L: Just Julie, she wanted to get dinner later after our practices were over

S: Thanks for the invite..

I hear Lauren chuckle