38. I'll Miss You

Lauren's Pov

Winter break is over now and so is our vacation in Paris. We got back about a week ago and now I'm here discussing college applications with my counselor. I haven't really thought of my choices recently but before I moved here I knew I wanted to be involved in the medical field and I had done some research on some colleges. The way medicine works and how you can save a person from death amazes me. The feeling you must get when a patient looks at you with a eyes full of gratitude, I would want to feel that.

Nothing was stopping me before about going to wherever I desire. Now things are different and I have Camila in my life. I have to think about her, and where she would be attending. She has effected my decisions and I'm not saying I regret her but there will be an issue with distance and many relationships don't survive that challenge. There are other cons and I'm not completely ignoring them. Like the fact that I will be in school for eight years, that's how long I'll be gone. I'd visit during holidays but will that be enough? I have my doubts like anybody else would.

I'm selfish when it comes to her but I can't have her standing around waiting for me to come back every holiday for eight years. I love her too much and I can't let her do that. As much as it'll hurt me, I'm afraid I will have to let her go. That's my last option though, we could try to do long distance but I know we won't be able to keep it up. I'm not trying to fill my relationship with negativity even before I know what will happen but I have to face the truth, we will have to face the truth and I'd rather do it sooner than later.

"So Lauren what are your choices?" My counselor asks

"Well NYU sounds pretty good, I'm looking into UCLA, then there's Grand Canyon Univ. which I hear has a great medical program, there is also Washington State Univ." I say

He nods impressed at my choices, "I didn't know you were interested in medicine Lauren, but those are excellent choices and with your grades there's a great chance you'll get accepted"

"Yeah well I've been interested for quite some time now" I shrug

"So here are the applications, the school gives you five free ones and right now you have four choices. Start thinking about a fifth one, maybe consider staying in Miami"

"Okay I will, thanks. When do I need to turn these in?"

"Next week, the latest"

"Alright, bye"

I exit his office and then slip the applications inside my backpack before I go find Camila. I enter the library and there she was sitting on one of the sofa's with her face inside a math book. I approach and she hears my footsteps but raises her index finger like she's saying "one moment". I raise my eyebrows in amusement and wait patiently until she's done with her calculus problem.

"Okay what i- oh hey babe!" She says happily once she notices it's me

"Hey, doing homework?" I ask taking a seat next to her

"Yeah it's stressing me out so much. How are you even passing with an A?"

"I was passing with an A last semester, it got harder and my grade dropped to a B"

She looks at me with an unamused face, "Oh god forbid you have a B"

I chuckle, "B's are acceptable but I'm not happy about it"

"Of course you're not, always an overachiever"

"That I am" I say with pride

"So what are you doing here?"

"I can't just come to see my beautiful girlfriend?" I ask faking hurt

She rolls her eyes, "Yes you can but you always have a reason for something"