Epilogue - Part 2

"So how have you been?" Camila asks Lauren once they were seated at the small dinner near the hospital

"Good, busy life. How about you?"

"Same thing, my kids keep me on my toes" she chuckles

There goes the kids again Lauren thought

"Yeah, kids can be a handful. How many do you have?"

"At least 20"

"20?!" Lauren's eyes were ready to pop out

"Yeah then 15 in the afternoon"

Lauren was confused, like beyond confused. How could she have 20 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon?

"They're a handful but they love learning music"

Right! Why didn't she notice this before? She's a music teacher duh. She was in music theory back in college. Here she was thinking she gave birth to 35 kids which is impossible. She felt even more idiotic when she realized she didn't have a ring on her ring finger, so she wasn't married as she had previously assumed.

"So do you give private classes or work at a school?" Lauren asks

"Actually I work in our old Highschool"

"Oh really? How is it?"

"Pretty good, remember our old English teacher?"

"Yeah"

"Still works there"

"Are you serious?! After all this time?"

"Unbelievable right? He refuses to retire, I feel bad for the students"

Lauren laughs and so does Camila. It wasn't awkward as the doctor expected it to be. It was if they never broke up, Lauren never moved to New York, like they've been together all this time.

"So anyone special in your life?" The brunette asked as she picked at her salad

"Does my mom count?"

Camila laughed loudly, "Sure, but I'll take that as a no"

Lauren nods, "How about you?"

"Not really, I've dated but never really got serious"

"Same, haven't found the one"

Camila just wanted to tell her that she's the one for her but it was too soon. They just saw each other again after 10 years and probably Lauren didn't feel the same way anymore. Then Lauren just wanted to tell the other girl how she felt but again, she used the excuse of just being reunited to prevent that from happening.

For the next hour, they spent making small talk and they really enjoyed themselves. Sadly all good things had to end and Lauren was being called back to the hospital because of an emergency, multiple victims were being submitted into the ER and not enough ER doctors were available so they called the rest of the physicians.

"Hope we could do this again sometime" Camila offered once they were done fighting over who paid the bill. Camila won because of her stubbornness and Lauren just couldn't say no to that cute face.

"Definitely but only if I pay"

Camila chuckled, "Sure Lolo" the familiar nickname rolled of her tongue causing multiple butterflies to erupt in the doctor's stomach.