14. 'Home'

Lauren's POV

"Good job Jauregui! That was a hell of a home run!" my coach said giving me a pat on the back.

"Thanks coach." I replied gulping down some water.

"You too Hamilton, best pitcher I've seen so far."

"Thanks coach." she replied as well.

"You two don't even have to try out, you're on the team." he said as he wrote down on his clipboard.

"Really?!" We both said surprised.

"Yes, Austin! Make sure their jerseys are set for tomorrow!" He yelled which is followed by a nod from the boy.

"Now go home and get some rest for tomorrow."

"Yes coach."

We then jogged towards the locker room, changed, I then grabbed my Nike duffel bag, and ran out the door towards the bleachers on the field where Camila was the entire practice. Normani had to go home right after practice so I said bye to her. To my surprise Austin had beat me to Camila because there they were talking. It didn't really bother me though.

I got closer to them and Camila noticed me. Without thinking she got up and gave me a big bear hug. While Austin gave us a weird look.

"Camz I'm sweaty."

"I don't care." she mumbled into my neck.

"Let's go home." I suggested looking down at her.

"Well I'm going...see you guys later." Austin said awkwardly walking away. We didn't respond because we were too lost in each other's eyes.

"But I'm already home.." She said.

I looked at her confused "What do you mean?"

"Home is where two arms hold you tight when you're at your worst." She explained, leaving me speechless.

"When I'm at my worst you're with me Lauren, you don't leave me to deal with my own demons. Your like the light in my darkness, my beacon in the ocean, and my candle in the room. You illuminate my life and I don't ever want you to leave."

I look adoringly into her eyes and leaned down to give her a kiss. I know we're not supposed to show love and affection in public but it's five in the afternoon and nobody was around at this time. I pulled away and saw pure love in her eyes but I think it was way too early in our relationship to say the "L" word.

"I won't ever leave you. Even when you tell me to, I won't listen."

We stayed in each other's embrace until the sun started to set. Which in my opinion was pretty cheesy because we were high up and the sunset reflected off us but that was just me. We pulled away and start walking towards the school's parking lot hand in hand.

"So my house or yours?" I asked starting the car's engine.

"Mine, we're always at yours. My house misses me." She said giggling.

I chuckled, "Your house it is."

The entire way there I was deep in thought. What Camila said earlier about being 'home' really surprised me. I mean those words were just wow. I needed to tell her something back..

I pulled into her parking lot and then we walk together into the house I've gotten used to visiting. We went up the very familiar staircase and then walked towards her room.

"So what do you want to do?" She asked.

"Cuddle!" I yelled jumping on the bed.

"You're such a dork." she stated giggling
"But my dork." she then claimed.